It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • Sider_steve

Posted September 18, 2009 - 09:42 AM

I got an e-mail from Honda yesterday.
Telling me about the revolutionary changes to the bike.
I clicked on the link and it took me to an 09 Honda CRF.
I almost blew coffee out my nose.:busted:

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted September 18, 2009 - 09:50 AM

What year could we expect these radial new changes to be on the YZ250F? and the WR450F?

I can't imagine it ever happening on the WR unless there is a way to hide more fuel on the bike...........somewhere :busted:

• 02WR426Cali

Posted September 18, 2009 - 10:50 AM

Yeah and seeing as they just made an "all new" 250f this year also, I don't see them putting this same innovation into that bike either. I am guessing it will be a YZ450 only type of thing at least for 2 years maybe more

• FinchFan194

Posted September 18, 2009 - 11:20 AM

I thought the WR line got axed for 2010. They aren't on the website.

• Wiz636

Posted September 18, 2009 - 11:23 AM

I thought the WR line got axed for 2010. They aren't on the website.

They are probably not done designing the new graphics yet. :busted:

• finthat

Posted September 18, 2009 - 02:38 PM

Can't see why they would cut out a whole market share after designing what is more of a "race" bike that will be harder to mod into a hardcore trail type bike. All they really need to do is put a biggerr fuel tank on it and mabe a thicker seat and suspension mods ect??? If you can tune your own efi the engine can stay as is I would think??
Of course I am probably way way off base haha???

• 917rider

Posted September 18, 2009 - 04:09 PM

went two local bike shop today the owner said they ordered five 2010 450's and yamaha told him he would deff. get three well two now cause i already gave away the money:banana: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana: he is selling it two me for 8,100 white of course the only way 2 ride:ride: :banana: also said he would know monday how soon i can get it late october are sooner but he was just guessing till monday cant wait:thumbsup: :busted:

• Sider_steve

Posted September 18, 2009 - 04:27 PM

Too many leftover 09 WR's in the warehouse,so new graphics or even the old ones.
I see Yamaha putting the new designs into the WR series as well as into the 250 F.
But I would like to see it race proven for a year before they put all the eggs in 1 basket.

• finthat

Posted September 19, 2009 - 05:43 AM

One difference is that we don't go over to another forum to bag on the other guys' new bikes. :busted:

I don't have any blinders on. None of these are perfect machines. But when I add up the pluses and minuses according to my criteria, I keep ending up in the same place.

I can't say I love my yz450f more than any other 450. Its my first thumper and I haven't had a chance to try another yet. To me they all seemed fairly identical from the outside until now. Like I said before I hope this is a good change for Yamaha and the whole industry. Better bikes by one manufacturer makes all the bikes better in time.

• onelugnut

Posted September 19, 2009 - 09:59 AM

Good old california:banghead: Is it green or red sticker

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • se376th

Posted September 19, 2009 - 10:04 AM

looks so beastly.. :busted:

• Luv2crash

Posted September 19, 2009 - 02:57 PM

http://www.yamaha-mo...5/2010/0/1.aspx

• DPW

Posted September 19, 2009 - 03:19 PM

http://www.yamaha-mo...5/2010/0/1.aspx

they've added a lot of stuff for the older bikes too...:busted:

• 06yz

Posted September 21, 2009 - 04:38 AM

This upcoming Monday the 21st at Budds Creek. Cool to see them finally test a bike on the east coast for once...

[COLOR="Blue"]If anyone has any information on todays testing, please post up ASAP :thumbsup: :busted:

MAX!!![/COLOR]

• grunkthump

Posted September 21, 2009 - 04:55 AM

http://sozoamplifica...om/stewart.html

these from JS7's ride day in Fl.

• 06yz

Posted September 21, 2009 - 06:23 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]James riding the new 450 yesterday at his fan ride day in Fl.

http://js7.com/blog/

That front fender is soo sick looking!

MAX!!![/COLOR]

• Streets45

Posted September 21, 2009 - 07:33 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]If anyone has any information on todays testing, please post up ASAP :banana: :busted:

MAX!!![/COLOR]

Right now it is 11:30am here on the east coast...

I don't think they are done testing yet...:banana: :banana:

MXA is the one I wam waiting to hear from, though they won't give a full review until they write the story for an upcoming issue... same with every bike they ride... :D

Anyways i would just keep refreshing the page and sometime today I think the good ole boys at MXA and Transworld should have it up..

can't wait :thumbsup: :banana: :banana:

• Luv2crash

Posted September 21, 2009 - 07:41 AM

http://sozoamplifica...om/stewart.html

these from JS7's ride day in Fl.

Does his shock res have it's own res?

• 06yz

Posted September 21, 2009 - 07:43 AM

[COLOR="Red"]Right now it is 11:30am here on the east coast...

I don't think they are done testing yet...:banana: :banana: [/COLOR]
MXA is the one I wam waiting to hear from, though they won't give a full review until they write the story for an upcoming issue... same with every bike they ride... :banana:

Anyways i would just keep refreshing the page and sometime today I think the good ole boys at MXA and Transworld should have it up..

can't wait :busted: :thumbsup: :banana:

[COLOR="Blue"]I know, I live on the east coast. I am just saying post up the 1st words you guys get on the testing today.

How does the testing work. Does James and all of the magazines have their test riders there today and just ride the piss out of the bike making setup changes as they feel are needed?

MAX!!![/COLOR]

• Streets45

Posted September 21, 2009 - 07:59 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]I know, I live on the east coast. I am just saying post up the 1st words you guys get on the testing today.

How does the testing work. Does James and all of the magazines have their test riders there today and just ride the piss out of the bike making setup changes as they feel are needed?

MAX!!![/COLOR]

the manufacturer's give all the top magazines bikes...

everyone gets handed a brand new bike from Yamaha , KTM, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Honda... although sometimes they may have to pay for some of the bikes, MXA is especially used to this because they tend to piss manufacturers off by telling the truth in their reviews...

Anyways, Transworld, MXA, Dirt Rider, they all show up at the track with a bike (or more) for each magazine, so the guys at Transworld have their own all to themselves, same for everyone else... at the end of the day when they all leave they take the bikes home with them...and those are the bikes they use to finish their full review and do the shootouts with....

They get an initial feel for the bike and may make some minor adustments on the press day, but all major work on perfecting the bike doesnt happen til they get back home... they'll probably just set sag for each rider and play with compression, damping settings today...

which is good though, seeing as we the buyers mostly ride stockers, (for the most part) we get to know what the bike is like out of the box, and then what it is like set up right, and what you have to spend to get it there..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.