• grayracer513

Posted September 16, 2009 - 07:57 PM

Press only.

'You write for someone?

• nch209

Posted September 16, 2009 - 08:17 PM

Press only.

'You write for someone?

Nope. The creek is nearby, and thought I'd ask. While I have decent Mx contacts from a former life, I'm not gonna be "one of those guys"! Just thought it might make for a nice day. What a great track to show the bike at, for sure!!!

Thanks!

• Mike546

Posted September 17, 2009 - 02:14 AM

Troy City Garage has them on their web site for $7299 + $175 freight and setup.

• Aka.Goose

Posted September 17, 2009 - 08:00 AM

Nope. The creek is nearby, and thought I'd ask. While I have decent Mx contacts from a former life, I'm not gonna be "one of those guys"! Just thought it might make for a nice day. What a great track to show the bike at, for sure!!!

Thanks!

Bring your yamaha, be friendly, explain you live nearby, and don't take pictures, you'll have a nice time...
If you can get in, hehe...

• Wiz636

Posted September 17, 2009 - 09:02 AM

Go buy one of the button up Yamaha team shirts and walk in like you own the place.

• nch209

Posted September 17, 2009 - 09:46 AM

Haha, no no. I'm not bothering those testing and doing their job as writers. It's only a bike, and I not going to get in their way.

Can't wait to hear about it!

• stroker101

Posted September 17, 2009 - 02:19 PM

Going to be a lot of heat under the seat for sure with the pipe under there like that.

that may be good for me. keep me from sittin so much, lol

• 02WR426Cali

Posted September 17, 2009 - 06:17 PM

For anyone saying that Yamaha copied Husaberg here is a pic of that 450 engine.....How does Yamaha's in any way duplicate this??

Posted Image

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted September 17, 2009 - 07:31 PM

For anyone saying that Yamaha copied Husaberg here is a pic of that 450 engine.....How does Yamaha's in any way duplicate this??

Posted Image

There is no comparison. Yamaha tilted the engine back in the frame and Husaberg spun the engine 180 degrees in the frame and then tilted the cylinder forward. Two completely different means of attempting to achieve the same end result. The only thing I like better about the Husaberg way of doing it is that the exhaust setup looks a lot cleaner and takes up less space.

• TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted September 18, 2009 - 03:49 AM

There is no comparison. Yamaha tilted the engine back in the frame and Husaberg spun the engine 180 degrees in the frame and then tilted the cylinder forward. Two completely different means of attempting to achieve the same end result. The only thing I like better about the Husaberg way of doing it is that the exhaust setup looks a lot cleaner and takes up less space.

Are you sure they tilted the engine? From everything I have read and all the pictures I have seen, the lower end remained in the same location. The cylinder has been tilted ??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga450owner

Posted September 18, 2009 - 05:59 AM

Posted Image

It is completely different...but there is no way to get a Yamahater to have a open mind. Tunnelvision and @$$ Backwardness are just 2 of the symptoms these individuals exhibit....:busted:

Here is another one
....yea and it looks like a Husky....gimme a friggin break :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted September 18, 2009 - 06:21 AM

Are you sure they tilted the engine? From everything I have read and all the pictures I have seen, the lower end remained in the same location. The cylinder has been tilted ??

Only the cylinder cant angle was changed (along with the offset). But I think that's probably what he meant.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted September 18, 2009 - 06:25 AM

It is completely different...but there is no way to get a Yamahater to have a open mind. Tunnelvision and @$$ Backwardness are just 2 of the symptoms these individuals exhibit....:busted:

Here is another one
....yea and it looks like a Husky....gimme a friggin break :thumbsup:

Totally agree with you

• grunkthump

Posted September 18, 2009 - 07:05 AM

and how is a "yamahater" really any different than a guy who has his "blueblinders on"??...:-)

• grayracer513

Posted September 18, 2009 - 07:09 AM

and how is a "yamahater" really any different than a guy who has his "blueblinders on"??...:-)

One difference is that we don't go over to another forum to bag on the other guys' new bikes. :busted:

I don't have any blinders on. None of these are perfect machines. But when I add up the pluses and minuses according to my criteria, I keep ending up in the same place.

• Luv2crash

Posted September 18, 2009 - 07:30 AM

One difference is that we don't go over to another forum to bag on the other guys' new bikes. :busted:

I don't have any blinders on. None of these are perfect machines. But when I add up the pluses and minuses according to my criteria, I keep ending up in the same place.

It's funny i don't consider myself a "Yamaha guy" but both times i wanted a bike it just seemed like the best fit for me to get one.

• Wiz636

Posted September 18, 2009 - 07:54 AM

I bleed blue but I'm not a brand-hater, although I do like to give my buddies with KTM's a hard time about all that 'ready to race' BS, but that's just because they think that orange is the only way to go.

• Streets45

Posted September 18, 2009 - 09:25 AM

This upcoming Monday the 21st at Budds Creek. Cool to see them finally test a bike on the east coast for once...

Dude... the 2009 KX450F was unveiled at Muddy Creek Raceway... EAST COAST.... tennessee isn't beside cali last time I checked....

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted September 18, 2009 - 09:25 AM

I bleed blue but I'm not a brand-hater, although I do like to give my buddies with KTM's a hard time about all that 'ready to race' BS, but that's just because they think that orange is the only way to go.

I've bled red for a long time, but used to bleed yellow (yz yellow). Wish Yamaha would get their act together again so I can bleed yellow once more w/o just buying more plastics. I'm telling ya, it aint easy being blue. :busted:

• TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted September 18, 2009 - 09:38 AM

What year could we expect these radial new changes to be on the YZ250F? and the WR450F?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.