It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted September 15, 2009 - 09:52 AM

Oh I am excited.

I didn't mention any names. :busted: :thumbsup:

• boisedave

Posted September 15, 2009 - 10:07 AM

I'm excited for the new bike, but there is only so much that we can talk about until we get an actual ride report.

We have covered ad naseum:

- the Cannondale similarity
- the Husaberg similarity
- the EFI controller
- whether or not it is ugly
- the fact that it has four valves instead of five
- the seat height increase of 4/10ths of an inch
- dry weight vs curb weight

Bring on the ride report!!!

+1 -- Has any normal human ridden this beast yet?

• finthat

Posted September 15, 2009 - 02:54 PM

I doubt that the dealer in Canada has a 2010 on his floor right now. I say the bike will hit the showroom late October early November.

Like I said I haven't seen it yet mabe he was wrong and it is a 250f?? He did say it was about an inch taller than the 09 450 beside it?? Iam going to try and get over there tomorrow night to see for myself. If it is only 4 tenths higher big deal I am 6' niether hight bothers me at all I was just reporting what he had told me. As far as I can tell if this bike is up to Yamaha's regular stadards it will be a great step forward and hopefully the new bench mark for how bikes are measured in the mx bike market.

• RedRider97

Posted September 15, 2009 - 03:02 PM

OKAY IF SOMEONE ACEDENTLY DROPS SOMETHING IN THE PIPE OR WATER GOES DOWN(there goes alot of $$$$)

• MOTOPHILE

Posted September 15, 2009 - 03:06 PM

OKAY IF SOMEONE ACEDENTLY DROPS SOMETHING IN THE PIPE OR WATER GOES DOWN(there goes alot of $$$$)

That might be true. But plugging is good insurance.

• grayracer513

Posted September 15, 2009 - 04:03 PM

Tru dat! Butt plug is mandatory!

Let's have one of you explain how there's any more danger in that than with an '09, please...

• Sider_steve

Posted September 15, 2009 - 04:09 PM

Looks to me like it will take a whole lot of water to make it around the loop in the exhaust. So unless you plan on stuffing the garden hose in the pipe, its less likely for water to get to the head on this one than in past models.
But yes a plug is a must have!!

• MOTOPHILE

Posted September 15, 2009 - 04:36 PM

Let's have one of you explain how there's any more danger in that than with an '09, please...

I didn't say nuttin...:busted:

So is the seat warmer horizontal like a water slide or vertical like a hamster habitat?

I do hope these babies sell out before they hit the floor.
The 09 is already down to $4999... and dropping I hope.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted September 15, 2009 - 05:26 PM

I didn't say nuttin...:busted:

So is the seat warmer horizontal like a water slide or vertical like a hamster habitat?

I do hope these babies sell out before they hit the floor.
The 09 is already down to $4999... and dropping I hope.

Where is the 09 at for $4999.00 I will go this week and get one?

• MOTOPHILE

Posted September 15, 2009 - 05:29 PM

[/B]

Where is the 09 at for $4999.00 I will go this week and get one?

P.M. Coming... Save me one!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • js7_yama

Posted September 16, 2009 - 04:52 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

:banana: :thumbsup: :busted:

• txknucklehed

Posted September 16, 2009 - 05:00 AM

Mechanical Art...... with a truckload of adrenaline mixed in.......... this might cause a divorce........no wait we ride together....time to give mama my 06 and figure out how to convince her that i need the 10. ahhhh....the perfect 10 my new mistress.

• 06yz

Posted September 16, 2009 - 10:36 AM

I still miss my 06 YZ dearly. Great bike!!!!

I'm still on mine, you're right it is a great bike. I am starting to save my money now so I can keep my 06 yz250 and get a new 450 in 2011, let them get the 1st year kinks out.

MAX!!!

• tramadolian

Posted September 16, 2009 - 10:42 AM

maybe this for extra fuel

Posted Image

• rampar

Posted September 16, 2009 - 02:28 PM

isn't that the worst possible place to put extra weight? I guess its better than running out :busted:

• KTMRack

Posted September 16, 2009 - 03:09 PM

there are some cool vids on youtube for this model if you haven't seen them yet.

• ZMoney520

Posted September 16, 2009 - 04:54 PM

All this talk about how revolutionary this bike is and no one has hit on the biggest improvement since the introduction of the 4 stroke............we can now bring back the freestyle pants without burning a hole in the right leg on the header. Long live LBZ! :busted: :thumbsup:

• 06Z

Posted September 16, 2009 - 06:07 PM

when will the magazines do their first ride?

• 95s10nj

Posted September 16, 2009 - 07:07 PM

when will the magazines do their first ride?

This upcoming Monday the 21st at Budds Creek. Cool to see them finally test a bike on the east coast for once...

• nch209

Posted September 16, 2009 - 07:25 PM

This upcoming Monday the 21st at Budds Creek. Cool to see them finally test a bike on the east coast for once...

I wonder if the public would be able to
check out the bike at the creek? I'd like to go take a peak at it! Please advise if anyone knows the answer!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.