It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • nephic

Posted September 14, 2009 - 06:59 AM

Went to chat up a dealer in my state, Wyoming, this weekend. He already has some coming in October or early November, and since we are a cold state, there is no big push up here to buy. I told him that I was likely waiting till spring, then he, the owner, gave me his card, with "$7,390 + tax, no other fees" on the back of it, and told me that Yamaha has 0.0% till the end of the year for 12 months. First one's mine if I want it.
:busted: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

• pajsen

Posted September 14, 2009 - 07:09 AM

Ohhh man you are so lucky living in that freakin country, here in sweden
they charge you 12600 dollars for the new yammi....

i am about to emigrate to US..thats it i am done..

• whatttup_g

Posted September 14, 2009 - 09:17 AM

lol... had to put this up for the revolutionary questioning... gosh i dont know, is this look somehow have traditional written all over it???

Posted Image

:busted: :thumbsup: :banana:

• MOTOPHILE

Posted September 14, 2009 - 09:23 AM

+1 :busted: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana:

I guess revolutionary is a relative term. I was hoping it would be nuclear with magnetic suspension.

• tahoeacr

Posted September 14, 2009 - 12:08 PM

I'm kinda with nephic on this. Not that good of a programmer. But it is simply enough that anyone can get the hang of it. Not enough there for a real tuner. The CRF one I have used and was suprised Honda would give you that much control.
As far as the 15 different levels at 9 different points, someone figure out the basics on the software I use on my KTM. Fuel map has 20 different TPS points with 32 RPM settings. Ignition has the same. Plus, there is a Manifold Absolute Pressure vs RPM with the same number. No limit that I have found in the fuel level that I can add. I've added enough to find out that once it gets to the low 10:1's it falls on it's face and will not go. That's enough to really screw it up if you don't know what your doing.

• ProMed

Posted September 14, 2009 - 02:06 PM

lol... had to put this up for the revolutionary questioning... gosh i dont know, is this look somehow have traditional written all over it???

Posted Image

:busted: :thumbsup: :banana:

What exactly is revolutionary in that pic?

• finthat

Posted September 14, 2009 - 02:38 PM

Went to chat up a dealer in my state, Wyoming, this weekend. He already has some coming in October or early November, and since we are a cold state, there is no big push up here to buy. I told him that I was likely waiting till spring, then he, the owner, gave me his card, with "$7,390 + tax, no other fees" on the back of it, and told me that Yamaha has 0.0% till the end of the year for 12 months. First one's mine if I want it.
:busted: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I have yet to see it but apparently one of the dealers I go to up here in Canada has one on the floor already?? I will have to head over there this week to check this thing out up close and personal. My buddy says it look awsome but some the shorter guys will not like the new seat height....higher than the 09 by and inch or so I think he said.

• armourbl

Posted September 14, 2009 - 02:42 PM

I have yet to see it but apparently one of the dealers I go to up here in Canada has one on the floor already?? I will have to head over there this week to check this thing out up close and personal. My buddy says it look awsome but some the shorter guys will not like the new seat height....higher than the 09 by and inch or so I think he said.

It is a lot easier to shave some foam out of the seat than it is to add it. Finally, a tall seat for the average 6' 1" guys out there...:busted:

ben

• grayracer513

Posted September 14, 2009 - 03:01 PM

...some the shorter guys will not like the new seat height....higher than the 09 by and inch or so I think he said.

39.3" for the '10 vs. 38.9 for the '09.

Wow.

Deal Breaker.

• rampar

Posted September 14, 2009 - 04:15 PM

higher than the 09 by and inch or so I think he said.

well thats BS, why don't they cater for shorter guys. I hope they leave the WR shorter than the YZ otherwise I won't be buying.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sider_steve

Posted September 14, 2009 - 04:37 PM

4 10ths of an inch?
It is no taller than the original YZ f series bikes like the 2001 YZ 250 F has the same seat height.
Hard to keep a low seat height with a very tall engine and 12+ inches of travel.

• whatttup_g

Posted September 14, 2009 - 04:55 PM

What exactly is revolutionary in that pic?

well...that pic was tossed at the generic volcano of revolution, since there seemed to be a lack of excitement present in this thread, related to what I saw as the actual revolution...

i mean if the backwards cylinder, reversed intake/exhaust, powerbomb potato chamber, mid-frame gas tank and uberWTF pancake air filter, air box, tank/scoop dealio wasn't revolution enough for some, than that split fork flatfender on the back should seal the deal

if you dont buy all that, then i'm being sarcastic and making fun of the plastic :busted: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana:

• yz450fpilot

Posted September 14, 2009 - 05:13 PM

I doubt that the dealer in Canada has a 2010 on his floor right now. I say the bike will hit the showroom late October early November.

• grayracer513

Posted September 14, 2009 - 07:07 PM

... there seemed to be a lack of excitement present in this thread, ....

It's not a lack of excitement, it's negativity, much of it on the part of people who have an interest of one kind or other in the bike not succeeding.

• nephic

Posted September 14, 2009 - 09:04 PM

Nah, I think he's mistaken. No one will have it right now for sale. A dealer in Colorado said the same thing to me a few weeks ago. I said "no you don't". He didn't. Some kid who didn't know the difference between 250's and 450s, 09's and 10's. Typical. :busted: You know more about this bike then most of them will.

• MOTOPHILE

Posted September 15, 2009 - 04:13 AM

It's not a lack of excitement, it's negativity, much of it on the part of people who have an interest of one kind or other in the bike not succeeding.

Oh I am excited. I was one of the guys hitting refresh at 11:00 am that fateful morning last week. And I am a Yamaha guy. I'm just saying that if a smaller or more Euro company tries something like this then it is considered gimmicky to most. But if Yamaha does it, it is revolutionary! I am dying to hear the reviews and I am still excited. To me revolutionary is something that can make an average rider a better rider. IMO technological leaps in suspension is the main thing that would help most people on this forum become a better rider.

• Luv2crash

Posted September 15, 2009 - 07:56 AM

I'm not sure why anyone would want it to suck. Even the Honda people. Because if the YZ 400 was horrible no one would have developed the bikes EVERYONE is riding today. If this bike is head and shoulders ahead of it's game then All brands will adopt some of the technology or ideas used on this platform so we all can be riding bikes that make us grin more. I am anxious to ride/slash own one of these YZ450's. Although i may have to get an 09 first just cuz there so cheap. I think the mass cen is most apealing to me followed next by the plug and play FI system.... not to mention the bold look

• Sider_steve

Posted September 15, 2009 - 08:03 AM

Yamaha changed the design of the 450 to get better corner speed.
Anybody can go fast down a straight stretch.

The design is similar to Cannondales,with the exception of the reverse angle on the cylinder head.And no e-start and battery.
But in looking at the Husaberg,they took the standard motor out of the frame turned it around then stood it on the gearbox.
People who have ridden the Husaberg were amazed at how the bike handled.
Yamaha has kept the mass of the motor low in the frame and placed the cylinder in a more central location with the offset to the crank and the reverse angle.
Sounds like more corner speed makes for faster speeds getting on the straights,which means faster lap times.
I say Bubba may be lapping the field next year,but that remains to be seen.
I can't wait to see rider impressions from beginner and intermediate class riders.

• Wiz636

Posted September 15, 2009 - 09:20 AM

I'm excited for the new bike, but there is only so much that we can talk about until we get an actual ride report.

We have covered ad naseum:

- the Cannondale similarity
- the Husaberg similarity
- the EFI controller
- whether or not it is ugly
- the fact that it has four valves instead of five
- the seat height increase of 4/10ths of an inch
- dry weight vs curb weight

Bring on the ride report!!!

• 06yz

Posted September 15, 2009 - 09:40 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]This bike is making me want to buy my 1st thumper ever. I'm glad Yamaha waited until they were ready and didn't rush to put out a FI bike.

MAX!!![/COLOR]

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.