It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • MOTOPHILE

Posted September 11, 2009 - 10:50 AM

gonna be darn close to msrp as nobody is gonna get a lot of them this year.

my dealership is only getting 2.
and that is after they take 3-4 '09s as well.

and they are only getting 3 250f's but have to take 4 '09s also.

only getting 1 yz125 and no yz250's, yet they sold a lot of the pingers this year.

not gonna be easy.

plan on the full meal deal.

Where you at in Texas? I may be looking for an 09 and my dealer is sold out... Maybe he will be forced to get more, but when I talked to him on release day, he said no more 09's for him, and he just got back from a dealer meeting.

• BUSH117

Posted September 11, 2009 - 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDIRT
so have any of you got an otd price? how many have depos on them?

Getting one at MSRP is going to be a bargain! The dealer I use is getting 3, has sold one and is asking (SIT DOWN FOR THIS ONE) $9500.00 For the other two!!

• Sider_steve

Posted September 11, 2009 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDIRT
so have any of you got an otd price? how many have depos on them?

Getting one at MSRP is going to be a bargain! The dealer I use is getting 3, has sold one and is asking (SIT DOWN FOR THIS ONE) $9500.00 For the other two!!

Must be the mafia tax in Nevada.
Most will add dealer set up and shipping, generally around $250 bucks.
But roughly $1500 over MSRP :busted:

• Maddog10

Posted September 11, 2009 - 12:07 PM

The engine is not reversed, only the way the head sits on it. If the direction the head faced made any difference, a V-8 would be....confused. :busted:

So the bottom end wasn't changed?

• grayracer513

Posted September 11, 2009 - 12:23 PM

So the bottom end wasn't changed?

Oh, I'm sure it was changed some, yes, but it still follows the same pattern of rotating forward with a gear driven main shaft and a two shaft trans.

• rickallen124

Posted September 11, 2009 - 12:26 PM

My dealership is only getting two, and luckily they are actually selling them below msrp. I'm glad I told them a few months back to put me on the list otherwise I wouldn't be getting one.

• grayracer513

Posted September 11, 2009 - 12:32 PM

Did the Germans invent the Automobile or the Motorcycle? Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Actually, I believe they did. At least the motorcycle. In the early 1890's Dr. Otto bolted one of his newly invented four-stroke cycle gasoline engines into a bicycle shortly after he had it running in. The first motorcycle race occurred about 15 minutes after the second motorcycle was built.

As for the current development environment, I think just about everyone is in the refine the current state of the art mode. And US companies like GM/Delco/Delphi are right there with the best of them in that regard.

• ProjectDIRT

Posted September 11, 2009 - 12:40 PM

yea i havent heard any dealers lettin them go for less the 9400.

• Maddog10

Posted September 11, 2009 - 12:50 PM

Oh, I'm sure it was changed some, yes, but it still follows the same pattern of rotating forward with a gear driven main shaft and a two shaft trans.

Okay, I just didn't do enough homework on this bike before posting i guess. I watched a technical video on youtube that showed the bottom end being changed up and the shifter actually coming backwards toward the peg instead of going away from the peg like all the other bikes and i just didn't understand really how the bike was going to work. I didn't see how the transmission could be at the front of the bike and still be getting power to the front sprocket. Anyways, it obviously wasn't an accurate video but I should have looked into it a little farther before making myself look stupid on here haha.

• whatttup_g

Posted September 11, 2009 - 02:03 PM

sorry for any misunderstanding gents... please enjoy the rest of this fine thread!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rjcook450

Posted September 11, 2009 - 02:32 PM

ok ill take two now. :busted:

http://motocross.tra...-yamaha-yz450f/

• ReedRulz

Posted September 11, 2009 - 02:32 PM

Im Gegenteil

Germans invented the 4-stroke engine, the two-stroke engine, the Diesel engine, the rotary engine, two or three different types of jet engines, including pulse and turbine, fuel injection, both mechanical and electronic, the sleeve valve four-stroke engine, the rotary valve two-stroke engine, a system of operating a four-stroke engine's valve train using solenoids instead of a camshaft, direct injection four and two-stroke engines, closed loop engine control systems, and virtually every other major conceptual improvement to internal combustion made during the last century, and most of that during the first half of it.

Americans did invent the steam engine and the bi-metallic combustion chamber though.

Now, back on topic.

And the atomic bomb

• RCannon

Posted September 11, 2009 - 02:54 PM

And the atomic bomb

and multi-person showers?????

I cannot wait to see the 450 in person. I wonder how much over list my local shop will want?

• KAS

Posted September 11, 2009 - 03:07 PM

Anybody that pays a penny more than MSRP is getting ripped off.

There's just no reason for that.

• DPW

Posted September 11, 2009 - 03:10 PM

Anybody that pays a penny more than MSRP is getting ripped off.

There's just no reason for that.

I think if you want to be one of first guys to have one it's going to be over MSRP...

• ProjectDIRT

Posted September 11, 2009 - 03:20 PM

yea i def. want one.

• ProjectDIRT

Posted September 11, 2009 - 03:23 PM

you have pm whatttup g

• motojase316

Posted September 11, 2009 - 04:49 PM

Put down a deposit today at the Yamaha shop to get the first ( BLUE)one they get out of the box...

• ProMed

Posted September 11, 2009 - 05:13 PM

On their website Yamaha's claimed "wet weight" for the 2010 is 245 lbs.

Honda's claimed curb weight* on their 09 CRF450R is 234.8 lbs.

*"Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride"

Links:

http://www.yamaha-mo...09/0/specs.aspx
http://www.vitalmx.c...da-CRF450R,2866

That's it...I'm switching to Honda. :busted:

Lol, I was just posting up the published data for each. I was planning on a new CRF in a year or so but now the new Yamaha in white is looking great as well. Looking forward now to sitting back and seeing how well this new Yamaha pans out.

• MOTOPHILE

Posted September 11, 2009 - 05:43 PM

I am becoming less and less excited about this bike for some reason. It is very brave of Yamaha to make these changes, but nothing really revolutionary. I am looking forward to all the the ride reports coming any day now. Maybe I am just trying to talk myself into getting an 09. I always think that the Hondas look the best, but durability forces me to go blue. Man I love riding!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.