It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:45 PM

Not sure anyone noticed, but watching JS and other riders go through the whoops on this bike, it's ain't looking good. Maybe just stock suspension, but the front looks like it's diving way to much and the bike seems to push the rider way forward. Also there were some drop away jumps and the bike just didn't look all that impressive when they were landing. Not sure, but did anyone else notice the handling of this bike in the vids?

Possibility he was trying to punish the front end to see how it would do?

I like my 06, but it's like dating a supermodel compared to the "hot girl next door" 00 YZ 426 it replaced. Better looking and less weight, but waaaaaaaaaaaay more picky about everything, and never quite 100% happy.

• KAS

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:49 PM

The commentary on the bike now that its out is even better than the ridiculous speculation before its release.

Especially considering nobody's ridden it.

• Crusty Cy

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:56 PM

Glad to see Yamaha copied my 1979 Honda XR185's combustion chamber design - I knew Honda was ahead of the game! I have to agree with the last post, this is ridiculous! It sure is fun, though!

• TonyR

Posted September 08, 2009 - 07:30 PM

Not sure anyone noticed, but watching JS and other riders go through the whoops on this bike, it's ain't looking good. Maybe just stock suspension, but the front looks like it's diving way to much and the bike seems to push the rider way forward.

The answer might be here......

From the Motocrossactionmag when they test rode James Stewart's L&M San Manuel Yamaha YZ450F.

" We expect Supercross suspension to be stiff, but we entered a whole new realm of stiffness when we hopped on Stewart’s L & M YZ450F.
The forks wouldn’t budge. We railed corners, hit triples and aced rythym sections, but the works Kayaba forks hardly moved. According to the L & M folks, James can make the forks go through their stroke with relative ease."

• psycho393

Posted September 08, 2009 - 07:35 PM

Possibility he was trying to punish the front end to see how it would do?

I like my 06, but it's like dating a supermodel compared to the "hot girl next door" 00 YZ 426 it replaced. Better looking and less weight, but waaaaaaaaaaaay more picky about everything, and never quite 100% happy.

I've had extensive dealings with 2 identical 05 YZ450s and one would run right no matter what you did to it while the other is as finicky as a 16 yr old girl.

• rdptaylor

Posted September 08, 2009 - 07:37 PM

I have a good question, too: Why not read the thread to see if your question's already been answered? Two or three times. :busted: :thumbsup:

Actually the MXA web site will tell us that the airbox that is located just in front of the gas tank is accesible by flipping the rear hinged gas tank up!...sounds very simple!!

• Sider_steve

Posted September 08, 2009 - 07:42 PM

Quicker turning.
Reverse Head.
EFI
245lbs wet without fuel.

That is a mighty fine 02' Cannondale you got there. :banana:

j/k That looks like a very nice bike guys! :busted:

Thats wet weight with a full 1.6 gallon tank of fuel.:banana:
(didn't find fuel capacity on any site,but saw it posted here)

I have a good question, too: Why not read the thread to see if your question's already been answered? Two or three times. :thumbsup: :banana:

Are you sure the air filter question has been answered correctly?
I was reading something on motocross actions site.
That says "The air box is just in front of the gas tank (and accessed by flipping the rear hinged tank up)"
http://www.motocross...75E5F4BC573A994
Not sure how much faith I put in MXA mag now.:banana:

Ok in the time it took me to post this the one before it was there when I hit enter,,man its tough to type with just my left hand

• loopsrider

Posted September 08, 2009 - 07:49 PM

I'm loving how the exhaust header routes directly past the explosion hazard sticker on the rear shock in the engine cut-a-way picture on the first page of this thread....:busted:

I'm liking the rear body work...lots of hand holds if a person were to need them... As usual...the exhaust can is ridiculously large. The engine canted backward and less weight out front might make for center of gravity issues..

• single track red

Posted September 08, 2009 - 07:53 PM

I think we will all benefit from this down the road, yamaha pushing the pace again on bike design. Although there probably was influance from husaberg.

• Wiz636

Posted September 08, 2009 - 08:07 PM

Shock absorber problems foresee i do.

Glad to see Yoda has weighed in...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted September 08, 2009 - 08:07 PM

Looks much better than the 250F,especially the side panels.

Couldn't have said it any better myself! I do like the 250f also EXCEPT for the side panels....what were they thinking with those????:thumbsup:

Both new yamahas look like good bikes and have some new innovation. Very cool :busted:

• honeycutt

Posted September 08, 2009 - 08:24 PM

So we have seen the new 250f and 450 and the BNG on the 2 strokes my question is where are the WRs? I think if all they were going to get was BNG then we would have seen them. Maybe Yamaha has something else up its sleeve? One can only hope!

• twenty34

Posted September 08, 2009 - 08:27 PM

:thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :D
:busted:

• YamaLink

Posted September 08, 2009 - 08:41 PM

Yamaha put the 2010 wr250f pics on their 2010 yz250f site; just bng, sigh.

So we have seen the new 250f and 450 and the BNG on the 2 strokes my question is where are the WRs? I think if all they were going to get was BNG then we would have seen them. Maybe Yamaha has something else up its sleeve? One can only hope!

• ProjectDIRT

Posted September 08, 2009 - 08:53 PM

http://www.grindtv.c... Yamaha YZ450F/

dont think its been posted yet.

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2009 - 08:54 PM

As am I. But perception clouded seems. Perhaps he thought we said, "use the farce". :busted:

• Roost ED

Posted September 08, 2009 - 08:59 PM

I wonder what the megabomb header looks like for the '10 YZ450...

• FinchFan194

Posted September 08, 2009 - 09:11 PM

I'm loving how the exhaust header routes directly past the explosion hazard sticker on the rear shock in the engine cut-a-way picture on the first page of this thread....:busted:

I'm liking the rear body work...lots of hand holds if a person were to need them... As usual...the exhaust can is ridiculously large. The engine canted backward and less weight out front might make for center of gravity issues..

Funny how center of gravity would be an issue as everybody complained when the 4 strokes came out that they were front heavy?? Seems Yamaha has resolved a lot of this problem that people are use to now so to me I will take the better center of gravity no problem.

• doc427

Posted September 08, 2009 - 09:35 PM

that thing looks awesome what he sticker price?

• pajsen

Posted September 08, 2009 - 10:53 PM

crap! i will park my crf450 -09 i my garage to get the yammi..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.