Wr426F or Yz426F or other Enduro bike

6 replies to this topic
  • Lillis

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:36 AM

Hey im thinking of buying my self a more suitable Enduro bike instead of my KTM625. And would love to here what you guys have to say about the Wr426F. It is not a very common bike here in sweden, so i find it hard to get some real info. Before i bought my KTM I had a DRZ400SM, but i find it abit slow, and a little low on power. Other from that it was an awsome bike. Perfect size for me, the 625 is a little to big.

Some questions are...
What's the big difference between a Wr426F and Yz426F?
My plan is to use both SuperMotard and Enduro rims, so wich one is to prefer Wr or Yz?
It will be used as street leagal SM bike, and Enduro leagal Enduro bike.

What are the differences from my now owned bike, KTM625SMC -04?

What are the Service spec? Valve check, and oil change?

Would be very grateful if someone could awnser some of my questions.

• pablo83

Posted September 09, 2009 - 06:51 PM

And would love to here what you guys have to say about the Wr426F. [COLOR="red"]It takes some getting-used-to when ridden on the streets, but it's a lot of fun.[/COLOR]

Before i bought my KTM I had a DRZ400SM, but i find it abit slow, and a little low on power. [COLOR="red"]The WR has much more power than the DRZ[/COLOR]

What's the big difference between a Wr426F and Yz426F? [COLOR="Red"]The WR has a wide ratio gearbox, headlight/taillight, a kickstand, radiator overflow, tripometer, quieter (and more restrictive) exhaust, 18" rear rim, and some other minor things.[/COLOR]

My plan is to use both SuperMotard and Enduro rims, so wich one is to prefer Wr or Yz? It will be used as street leagal SM bike, and Enduro leagal Enduro bike. [COLOR="red"]The YZ has a close ratio racing transmission that would be difficult to deal with on the streets[/COLOR]

What are the Service spec?
Valve check [COLOR="red"]Don't know, but you can put the steel valves from the WR/YZ 400 in this bike and then you only need to check them once a year[/COLOR]

and oil change? [COLOR="red"]300 miles, but under non-race use 500 will be fine[/COLOR]

You're not alone in your bike choices:
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=821336

• Sider_steve

Posted September 09, 2009 - 08:49 PM

Everything you wanted to know about a 400/426/450 but were not afraid to ask can be found at this link.
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=440631

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Cliniford

Posted September 14, 2009 - 07:49 PM

I have both of the bikes you speak of. I ride an 04 KTM625SXC and an 01 WR426. All I can say is buy it!!! The 426 is a monster of a bike compared to the 625. You will smile all day long. Also a supereliable bike and a breeze to start even with kickstart. Do the free mods and your set.

• Lillis

Posted September 16, 2009 - 10:00 AM

Just wanted to say i bought it, the WR426F...=) And so far I just love the bike. So much more fun than the KTM625. The fealing is like an over Tunned moped comapred to the 625.

• arctic954

Posted September 16, 2009 - 01:00 PM

Weird..... I ALSO have a 2001 WR426..... AND a KTM 625 SMC...

I guess great minds think alike .... :busted:

• Cliniford

Posted September 17, 2009 - 06:07 PM

Hope you enjoy the new bike.... You will love everything about it..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.