Battery ?

5 replies to this topic
  • utvols

Posted April 06, 2003 - 03:42 PM

Has anyone changed their battery on the 450 yet? If so who did you go with and were can I purchase it.

• HighPlainsWR

Posted April 06, 2003 - 05:13 PM

Good post idea. I wish, and I'll bet it could happen, that there is a chargeable 6V/2Amp nickel cadium battery about the size of a peice of Texas Toast (like my western metaphor ?). That way we could open up the airbox up top even more.

• Jonesy920

Posted April 06, 2003 - 06:50 PM

Trip
In the dirt bike art. they talk about a Dr. D prototype That is Half the weight Maybe you could contact them and get the gouge. !!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • basicblues

Posted April 07, 2003 - 05:05 AM

A dealer told me to use extreme care when charging the battery. They told me to use a 1.5 amp charger and charge slowly claiming the battery was $100 bucks or more. I didn't have a low amp charger so I've ordered one that Yamaha makes which I hated to do but I have other motorcycles so I'll get mulitple use out of it.

• fershy

Posted April 07, 2003 - 06:40 AM

Battery Tender jr.

Low .75 amp out put, auto float charges when battery if fully charged.
After the battery reaches its peak voltage of 14.4 volts the charger automatically switches to 13.2 volts. When the voltage drops below 12.6 volts the charger resumes charging back to 14.4 volts. As long as the water level is maintained in lead acid type batteries this battery can be connected continously.
This means, "Plug it in and forget about it!"
fershy

• battlecry

Posted April 07, 2003 - 06:43 AM

I'm holding in my hands a Panasonic LC-R121R3PU (12V, 1.3Ah/20HR) sealed lead acid battery. It is 5.28x2.64x2.36" and weights 1.76 lbs. Pity it comes with spade fittings, so I will need to fabricate a secure terminal adapter. It is available from Digikey.com , Allied and many others. Less than $30 US. I have no idea how well it will work, it just arrived today.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.