Stock Pro Tapers....

7 replies to this topic
  • i_wheelie_longer

Posted September 07, 2009 - 04:39 PM

I was wondering what the stock pro taper bend is on a 2006 yz450 (i.e. doug henry bend)? I can only find the part number on the bars which says 5XC-90. I'm used to these bars and I want to get the same ones again.

• grayracer513

Posted September 07, 2009 - 04:52 PM

They're a proprietary bend, and are lower than than the RM low bend. Pro Taper Universal Low is pretty close. Frankly, you'll ride better with higher bars unless you're 5'2".

• i_wheelie_longer

Posted September 07, 2009 - 05:00 PM

i have bar risers already, so with the stock low bend bars it worked out and felt pretty comfortable. but what bend most closely resembles the stock 2006 pro taper bend? thanks for your help!

• erickdj

Posted September 07, 2009 - 06:32 PM

you'll ride better with higher bars unless you're 5'2".

What if I'm 5'6"? What bars should be good as a replacement for stock bars? I have only ridden my 08 yz and 07 wr with stock bars, so I have no other point of comparison. I find the stock bar just fine, but I've never tried anything different so I don't know if it could be better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 07, 2009 - 07:07 PM

but what bend most closely resembles the stock 2006 pro taper bend? thanks for your help!

Go back to my post again.

What if I'm 5'6"? What bars should be good as a replacement for stock bars? I have only ridden my 08 yz and 07 wr with stock bars, so I have no other point of comparison. I find the stock bar just fine, but I've never tried anything different so I don't know if it could be better.

The RM low is a little higher. You may like that.

• sc149

Posted September 09, 2009 - 02:25 PM

go to the parts counter at your yamaha dealer. Have parts guy pull up 2006 yz 450. Tell them you want a set of bars that came on the bike. should be the same amount as other pro tapers and the bend u want

• grayracer513

Posted September 09, 2009 - 03:05 PM

go to the parts counter at your yamaha dealer. Have parts guy pull up 2006 yz 450. Tell them you want a set of bars that came on the bike. should be the same amount as other pro tapers and the bend u want

Somehow, that's just not that great an idea, IMO:

HANDLEBAR; 5XC-26111-90-00: $184.43

• mikedabike

Posted September 09, 2009 - 07:09 PM

Try ebay or something. Most people I know pulled these things off for taller bars. Shouldn't be too hard to find a pair for a reasonable price. Are the 07 450 bars the same?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.