Oil leaking out vent hose

3 replies to this topic
  • jbehunin

Posted September 07, 2009 - 02:34 PM

I went riding today, and my buddy noticed that I had a massive amount of oil that was over the rear end of my bike. I noticed that the oil was coming out of the vent hose that comes out of the top of the valve cover. I noticed this a little last time I rode, and didnt think anything of it, but it really is worrying me now. The bike runs just fine, but am curious what it is.

By the way, this is my first 4 stroke machine I have ever owned. Could it be a bad oil ring or something?
any help and info would be appreciated. B.y the way, the bike is a 2007 YZ450F

• 2000 xr650r

Posted September 07, 2009 - 02:42 PM

Did you recently add or change the oil? I know this has been discussed before so also try the seach. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbehunin

Posted September 07, 2009 - 02:53 PM

I tried doing a search, but it was really vague. And the results I read were for a 2000 yz.

Yes, I changed the oil after 3 rides, and it has never done this before. I used the same oil brand, type and even the same filter. I checked the oil levels, and it was right where its supposed to be.

• Justin89

Posted September 07, 2009 - 07:27 PM

Sounds normal. Mine does that after a long ride. Its not like the whole side of my bike is covered in oil though, just mainly down by the shifter and stuff. Sometimes, it's a mily white color too just in case that happens in the future.:busted:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.