Where to find '99 wr400 radiator

7 replies to this topic
  • aaronhoutman

Posted September 06, 2009 - 04:59 PM

So I am pumped up about taking my new bike(new for me) out for the first time. THe night before I was like a little boy on christmans eve, who cant sleep.

We start riding and I am loving my new bike. within an hour and a half I wiped out (for the 3rd time). when I stood the bike back up I realized that I had bashed in the right side radiator. I watched as all my fun and excitment ran down my bike and pooled in the dirt in a green liquid form. :busted: I was finished.

Now I am stuck with the frustrating task of finding a replacement radiator on a budget. I have been checking ebay, but with no luck.

Does anyone know where I can find a replacment?

thanks

• Sider_steve

Posted September 06, 2009 - 05:31 PM

Ebay was my first thought too. But all they have is a left side radiator.
Do you have any cycle salvage places in your area?
I just looked up a new one on line and CHOKE GASP,,good luck in your search.
Did you check the classified section here at TT?
Also take it by a radiator shop and see if they can repair it.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 06, 2009 - 06:34 PM

How bad is it?

Myler's in AZ can fix anything! They usually have real quick turn around too, like less than a week back to your door and you would be surprised how f'd up and smashed your radiator could be and they can make it look real good, far less than a new one$

Where are you in WA? There is a shop in Redmond on Willows Rd., AAA Radiator. he knows motorcycle radiators and has fixed some for me in the past...

You remind me of myself 9 years ago with my new 99' WR at the Desert 100, Vantage back then, on the poker run with my son... bike just tipped over and SMASH... $300:banghead:

If you end up having to buy new, do yourself a favor and bag buying just one OEM radiator cause for $100 more you can get a set of fluidynes... a gift from the radiator gods:thumbsup:

• aaronhoutman

Posted September 06, 2009 - 09:34 PM

thanks for the info. you are the 2nd peron to highly recomend Myler's. I will probably end up give them a call after the holiday. I may check the AAA in redmond.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted September 06, 2009 - 10:11 PM

Another big thumbs up for Mylars...check out the before and after pics on their website... http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/ We have used them twice with outstanding results, fair prices, and quick turn around!

• ww44wrf450f

Posted September 07, 2009 - 02:54 AM

Another big thumbs up for Mylars...check out the before and after pics on their website... http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/ We have used them twice with outstanding results, fair prices, and quick turn around!

great rad, bigger too, very well made.:busted:

• 2in2out

Posted September 07, 2009 - 09:07 AM

Salt Lake Radiator. The guy I bought my WR from had a similar incident, and sent it there. Can't even tell they've been bashed.

• aaronhoutman

Posted September 09, 2009 - 08:48 AM

thanks everyone. I dropped my radiator in the mail yesterday. On it's way to Myler's.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.