WR426 - WR450 front end and rear end swap

No replies to this topic
  • twowheel

Posted September 05, 2009 - 08:05 AM

I have a 2002 WR426 that I spent a lot of money and time on for the suspension and wheels to make a great supermoto. Now I got a 2005 WR450 with the e-start!

Can I swap the front ends? I think they have different forks but if the stem and triples fit into the neck the same I should be able to just swap everything over I assume? Anyone know about this before I tear them down and go for it? The microfiche seems to show that the bearings for the stems are the same so I need to know if the stems will fit and are the same length and diameter.

Also, Are the shocks and swingarms the same? I had my rear shock lowered and revalved. I want to use that too obviously.

Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.