proper jetting

2 replies to this topic
  • flapwick

Posted September 04, 2009 - 08:37 PM

I have an 02 yz426f.Someone gave me an fmf midpipe and ti4 silencer for it .I would like to know what the most likely jetting combo would be for it.I live on the coast of central california.Twin air filter,and I believe everything else is stock.I asked a similar question about a 1997 kdx220 and had 30 people (with the best of intentions,I'm sure)tell me there was no way of knowing without trying from scratch.Finally,a guy said "go with this size main and this size pilot,and have one larger and one smaller if that doesn't work".His first recommendation was perfect.Anybody out there have a pretty good idea of where to start?Thanks alot,flapwick.By the way.....I have THE coolest looking 426 on the planet!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • got5steelman

Posted September 11, 2009 - 05:16 AM

You can do like you did on the kdx, go up one size on the main and pilot, I would install a new spark plug also so after your first ride you can check the new plug for its color, the ceramic should be light brown in color, if white it is lean and if black it is rich. You can also move the clip on the needle, down to richen,up to lean. It all depends on the throttle response of the bike and at what postion the throttle is in what circuit will effect it. 1/4 turn 1/2 turn etc.

• grayracer513

Posted September 11, 2009 - 06:13 AM

Read:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=694921

Then:

http://www.thumperta...699#post2881699

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.