Scotts Steering Damper

2 replies to this topic
  • chewie

Posted April 06, 2003 - 03:15 AM

Has anyone tried to install the damper with the stock bars? I haven't got my bike yet but I have the damper and was wondering if I have to get renthals or what. I didn't order the oversize bars mounting bracket so its stock or renthals I guess. Let me know what you know so I'll know :) Thx
Chew

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HighPlainsWR

Posted April 06, 2003 - 04:31 AM

I assume this is a WR450 ? If so, the offset of the steering head and the top triple clamp is unique to the bike. Ir requires a special Scott damper post. You may also, as I have, need to machine off part of the triple clamp to clear the clamp when turning. All in all retrofitting my damper from my 02' WR426 costs some bucks.

• chewie

Posted April 06, 2003 - 01:59 PM

Yes but im still waiting to recieve my wr :) im told tuesday this week should be here :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.