Just a quick rave!

5 replies to this topic
  • Cliniford

Posted September 04, 2009 - 07:13 PM

I ride a 2001 WR426. Tried to get it licensed for dual sport use, talked to state patrol and they said no way. So I went out and bought a KTM 625sxc, now don't get me wrong I like the KTM....but.......The WR has got to be one of the most entertaining bikes I have ridden. I find myself picking the WR over the KTM more often than not, now I know they are two completely different bikes but that WR is just insanely fun...I love it!!!!
Thats all....

• Yamaha_James

Posted September 05, 2009 - 07:03 AM

• 2in2out

Posted September 05, 2009 - 09:42 AM

I'd keep my 426 if it had E-start. My only rant besides lack of parts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FasYankee

Posted September 07, 2009 - 03:02 PM

Why wouldn't they let you reg it? What was the main issue?

• Cliniford

Posted September 07, 2009 - 08:36 PM

Told me that if did not come as a factory option that there was no way I could license it also something to do with my vin number....

• FasYankee

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:12 PM

Check out your local dmv website. Here in CT you just need a composite m/c insp. Put on the legal road gear and you're all set.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.