accel pump timing

5 replies to this topic
  • astoch

Posted June 19, 2001 - 06:35 PM

Can someone explain this to me? Do I need to have the bike running? I have removed the subframe, and am looking in the carb, but I do not see the spray.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 19, 2001 - 07:51 PM

Originally posted by astoch:
I have removed the subframe, and am looking in the carb, but I do not see the spray.

Twist the throttle and hold it open while looking into the carb through the air inlet. The accelerator pump jet sits just behind the slide at the bottom of the carb throat. It should squirt an easily visible stream of fuel away from you, into the motor, when you open the slide.

If not, something is wrong.

• motoman393

Posted June 20, 2001 - 06:51 AM

this may sound stupid...but make sure the gas is on whenever your trying to see if it squirts! LOL

I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oweel

Posted June 20, 2001 - 08:04 AM

I had some problems with the accel pump, and it didn't work anymore. There was dirt in the accel pump, and it just stopped working. Cleaned it and made the BK mod. Works fine now. Maybe you have the same problem. Maybe it's worth checking.

• Deadeye

Posted June 20, 2001 - 10:51 AM

I have been trying to find the BK mod in past posts without any luck, especially now. Could somebody please repost this information. I think a lot of people who have just found this site, including me, would benefit. Thanks Darrin

• astoch

Posted June 20, 2001 - 06:41 PM

Ok, I see the stream now. Apparently the accel. pump will lose it's prime after a few strokes. Worked fine after I ran the bike for a bit. I've got the timing so the stream just misses the slide, but I did notice a light misting on the slide. Is this correct?

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.