going to go buy a new bike tomorrow!

3 replies to this topic
  • FC450Husky

Posted September 03, 2009 - 10:30 PM

alright so i had a 07 yz450f and i ended up breaking up with my ex and she took it. anyways...im looking into more of the desert bikes i have run into riding in the dark on accident with no light too many times. but i like the power of the yz are the wr's close to the same amount of power? does anybody have any experience with the 09's? i rode a friend of mines 07 crf450x and i liked it but iv always been a yamaha guy are the yamahas still the way to go? iv never had a honda...just looking for some good advice and incentive, im thinking i might get a good deal with the holday weekend...i can hope atleast. thanks guys.

• birdland101

Posted September 03, 2009 - 10:48 PM

rmz450f EFI, great handling, smooth and stable. WR is heavy, CRF is messed up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted September 03, 2009 - 11:12 PM

You can't go wrong with a yamaha. You've got to do alot of crap to a WR before it'll run like its supposed to. All the info needed is in this forum.

You specifically asked for a desert bike that has lights. An RM-Z 450 is an MX bike with no lights :ride:

• Blue Hawaii

Posted September 04, 2009 - 11:50 AM

There are aftermarket lighting kits that would fit either bike. You could go the ala carte method and check eBay for everything you need to save a few dollars, but it is time consuming.

Curious as to how you let your ex take your bike from you...

"You can have my bike when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers" - C.H.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.