BK's carb mod

1 reply to this topic
  • motoman393

Posted June 19, 2001 - 04:56 PM

Hello everyone,

I am relieved to see that ThumperTalk is actually working again! While the forums didnt work I have been researching and printing out stuff! I have been reading and rereading posts on this mod! I have printed them out and they are very imformative (including the 29 pg one from the WR side LOL)! Has there been any pics taken? If so where can you look at them! If for some reason you do not like the mod can you remove it? For the people who have done this mod...how do you like it? and is it hard to do? If you have any comments or suggestions I would be glad to hear from you! I am starting to seriously think about doing it...but I am a little nervous drilling and tapping a hole in the body of my $700+ carb! Thanks ,

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 19, 2001 - 05:42 PM

Still trying to get back on here, had to try a new name the old password doesn't work.

Motoman, don't worry about the carb, there is a small area in the casting at exactly the spot for this mod.
(like Yamaha was considering it?)
Look at it and you'll see the area. Even if you screw up the hole I can't see it affecting the carb. Good thing about it is you can do the mod but can undo it by unscrewing the bolt.
Sorry I don't have pics but think of it as a throttle stop for the pump actuator.

[This message has been edited by F-Pilot#5 (edited 06-19-2001).]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.