Acerbis Dual Lites??

3 replies to this topic
  • XRGUY79

Posted April 05, 2003 - 04:57 PM

http://www.acerbis.c...ight/3024.html#
I just picked up a set of these guys today and I was wondering is it okay to wire these up to the stock generator, on my bike? I wired them up and the output seems to be great!, is this hard on the bike there 35watt x2 bulbs.
I was just wondering what you guys think? :)

• Graves

Posted April 05, 2003 - 08:50 PM

This bike has a permanent magnet alternator and has no way of varying output other than engine RPM. All electricity that is not used by lights or other loads is dumped to the frame (ground). Your additional lighting will not hurt anything although you may not get the full benefit of seventy watts of lighting being that the alternator is rated at seventy four watts. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • loufish

Posted April 06, 2003 - 06:45 AM

Will fit virtually any motorcycle

How well does it fit on? What had to be done to install headlite?

• XRGUY79

Posted April 06, 2003 - 01:28 PM

Well guys this was one easiest installs!
I just pulled the old light cover off, I used the male end of the electrical connector off of it so the new one would plug into the bikes OEM connector!
all you do is put the acerbis setup together, solder on the connector ends and plug it in, it fits like a stock piece!
looks great mind you the red one might look better mine is all white, im still happy, give it a few rides and it will be cracked anyways :D
it has alot more light then stock, :)
great value! :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.