Is the e-start wasted on the WR450F?

22 replies to this topic
  • race32

Posted September 06, 2009 - 01:54 PM

I have hole shotted the last 2 nationals granted it was the vet class but i also use the E-button.

I do crash alot and seem to blow the starter buttons apart but since I went to the fly racing billit buttons I have had zero problems with buttons.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elcubeo

Posted January 28, 2010 - 07:16 AM

Dont ever burn out the e-start on a '05-'06 anyway, expensive! When mine blew out there were extenuating circumstances(improperly manufactured cam), but it took out everything but the handlebar switch! The starter was so roasted that brushes didn't save it. Nothing else interchanges (quads, streetbikes) so i had to buy new....ok i'm done complaining.

I love the e-start!!! Main reason for owning a WR. I usually kick start the bike, but I proudly wack the sissy-button when i'm sweating my brains out and stall the heavy bastard near the end of a harescramble......

• PINON-HILLS

Posted January 31, 2010 - 11:47 PM

I have a 2007 WR450. Has anyone had problems with the electric start on this Bike?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.