yz426 with yz450 crank? need help quick

3 replies to this topic
  • hondacrf250rrr

Posted September 02, 2009 - 09:27 PM

is it possible i was looking at the bore x stroke and they both have a 95mm bore but the 450 has a longer stroke if i put that crank into my 426 would it make it a 450 and would it work. would else would i need to convert it. would the carb work still?

• hondacrf250rrr

Posted September 06, 2009 - 07:18 PM

anyone

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sider_steve

Posted September 07, 2009 - 12:17 AM

is it possible i was looking at the bore x stroke and they both have a 95mm bore but the 450 has a longer stroke if i put that crank into my 426 would it make it a 450 and would it work. would else would i need to convert it. would the carb work still?

Assuming the 450 crank would fit inside your cases,with the longer stroke the crank assmbly might have a larger diameter.
I would say you would also need the piston for that year of crank assembly.
Since the 426 has a shorter stroke it probaly has a taller piston.
I would guess that if you tried to use your 426 piston with the 450 crank the piston would hit the bottom of the cylinder head.

This is just a guess.
So dont run out and buy that crank and piston assembly.
If it did work I see no reason the carb wouldnt work other than it may need jetting changes.

• fastfreddie78

Posted September 08, 2009 - 04:39 PM

assuming the crank fits into the cases, you could put a spacer between the cases and the cylinder. its thickness needs to be 1/2 the difference between the strokes of the two cranks. you might have to relief cut the cases/cylinder where the rod makes its closest approach as the throw will be a little wider.
i can't imagine it would be so thick as to require a new(longer) camchain but...
also, you need to determine whether the ends of the cranks are similar...it would suck to make the combo work mechanically on the inside only to find out you can't bolt up the externals like flywheel, etc.

if you're lookin' for more power, cams and porting would be waaay easier.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.