oil coming out of dip stick hole when checking

6 replies to this topic

Posted September 02, 2009 - 06:26 PM

ok so i have a 05 yz450f and when i check the oil i let it idle 10-15 secs (like the previous owner said and showed me). i pull the fill plug and undo my dipstick it starts to over flow?? and i know im not over filling it im only puttting one quart in. any ideas?
thanks in advance

• mayfield171

Posted September 02, 2009 - 06:47 PM

I have an 06 and it has done the same thing. I have never had a problem from it. I let the motor cool down and check again

• USED YZ426F

Posted September 02, 2009 - 06:50 PM

Are you checking the oil level with the engine running? If you are, shut it off and try checking the oil.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 02, 2009 - 06:53 PM

ok so i have a 05 yz450f and when i check the oil i let it idle 10-15 secs (like the previous owner said and showed me). i pull the fill plug and undo my dipstick it starts to over flow?? and i know im not over filling it im only puttting one quart in. any ideas?
thanks in advance

Yeah, but how much are you draining out?

• mxmaddman

Posted September 02, 2009 - 07:30 PM

How long are you waiting after you shut it off?

• grayracer513

Posted September 03, 2009 - 06:40 AM

You must drain oil from both the frame AND the crankcase drain, or you will not be removing all of the oil.

The oil cannot be checked while the engine is running.

• got5steelman

Posted September 03, 2009 - 08:27 AM

Shut the engine off and let it set for a couple minutes, check the stick, if its still coming out it is too full. Go to the "commond threads" there is a link for manuels. It will help you out. I think they are printable also.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.