01' 426, play in forks

3 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted June 19, 2001 - 04:13 PM

All,

This is my first bike with inverted forks. If I hold the front brake and push firmly forward on the bars, I can feel a little play in the forks. It "feels like" a loose steering column, but it's not. Is this normal?

I don't have a stand yet to get the bike of the ground so that I can wrestle with only the forks.. :)

• John_H

Posted June 19, 2001 - 08:24 PM

It's probably the front brake caliper moving, not the forks. Check it out.

John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scooter426

Posted June 20, 2001 - 08:30 AM

Front brake disk on 01 is a floater, and has a bit of play. This is normal.
-scooter

• Dan_YZF

Posted June 20, 2001 - 05:14 PM

I'm with Scooter426 on that one,

I own a 00 426, and I was looking at a 01 WR250F on my local dealer last month, finding that very same looseness on what I tough to be steering head play. A closer look guide me to the floating front disk too. The play come from the disk...don't worry

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.