1999 wr400 leaking oil

3 replies to this topic
  • Hardnut

Posted September 02, 2009 - 02:30 PM

I have a manufactured hole in the head above the cylinder on the right side of the engine. It's just above the top head gasket. No one can seem to tell me what goes in there and its seeping oil when the bike is running. Could someone tell me what goes in this hole? It is not tapped.

• William1

Posted September 02, 2009 - 04:05 PM

Decomp plug. There are fixes available from verious vendors. The oem one can just pop out (as you discovered). A search will yeild many stories similar to yours.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hardnut

Posted September 02, 2009 - 04:29 PM

Thanks. Ill look it up. I searched for a while but came up with nothing.

• matt4x4

Posted September 03, 2009 - 03:28 AM

your bike must have been modified to the auto decompression cam, the hole you are referring to used to house the auto decompression lever that pushed down on the right most exhaust valve, when you switch to the auto decomp cam - this lever gets removed and the hole gets plugged with a frost plug style insert.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.