Bark busters on the 01426

4 replies to this topic
  • eBayThumper

Posted June 19, 2001 - 03:41 PM

Hey All,

Is there a trick to getting bark busters on the 01 426? On the throttle side there is a plastic piece (actual throttle mechanism) that goes clear to the end of the bar and there is only a small hole in the end. Do I have to cut it so the bar-end insert can fit into the bar? Have any of you done this?

I appreciate any advice,

• #1_Hit-man

Posted June 19, 2001 - 03:58 PM

Yes, you must cut it out to fit your guards on. Make sure to cut just enough so it does not rub on the end or your throttle will stick. ~Hit-man~

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • teamtoxic

Posted June 19, 2001 - 04:49 PM

Yes, you have to cut out the end piece. I used a graduated drill bit, that made it very easy.

• eBayThumper

Posted June 19, 2001 - 06:03 PM

I used my radial arm saw and just zipped the end off. Had to cut the clutch lever just a bit too. Luckily my brake lever is bent just slightly so it cleared fine. Yes, I did move them in on the bar as far as I could first.

Thanks again ;-)

• finglan

Posted June 20, 2001 - 03:34 AM

I took a hax saw and cut the tube just where it begins to wrap over the bar end. It makes a clean cut and you don't have to take the tube off. Make sure the grip is cut back far enough so it won't stick on the bark buster.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.