spark plug !!

5 replies to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted April 05, 2003 - 05:59 AM

ok i know where it's at but how the hell do you get it out? :)

• oRGie

Posted April 05, 2003 - 06:13 AM

tank off, 16mm wobbly plug spanner, hey presto.. (bag of band aid's for the cuts on your hands after getting the plug cap free :-)

• MxnDoc

Posted April 05, 2003 - 07:35 AM

Yep, I had the same problem. I couldn't get the cap and coil off the darn thing. Could someone tell me how to get the coil and plug cap off to get the plug out?? I tried and wiggled but was unable to get it off?? Frame kept getting in the way. :D :D :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Will450

Posted April 05, 2003 - 09:34 AM

I just yanked it out and wriggled the plug out with the provided tool.
Wait till you have to change the oil. That's fun.

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 05, 2003 - 01:24 PM

Straight yank of the ignition coil up and bend the rubber extension as you scrape by the frame. I use a deep socket wrench with a universal to loosen and tighten a plug. I use the Yamaha tool for hand threading and loosening only. Hand tight plus a quater turn is how I tighten it, difficult to use a torque wrench and you do not want to overtighten. :)

• foursmoke

Posted April 05, 2003 - 07:43 PM

Wait till you have to change the oil.

Oil chage took me the whole weekend with all those drain plugs & filter. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.