2003 Wr450f bearing maintenance

1 reply to this topic
  • Andrejs2112

Posted September 01, 2009 - 04:23 PM

I have an 03 Wr450f that I bought this spring. I want to change the following: Linkage bearings, shock bearings, swingarm bearings, front and rear wheel bearings. I plan to have the forks and rear shock done this winter. Is there anything I am overlooking as far as what I should be replacing? Do I need specialty tools?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted September 01, 2009 - 06:02 PM

Well you'll want to tear down and inspect the linkage, swingarm, steering head bearings first. You might get away with just a grease repacking. You will need a press to remove replace these bearings though you can get away with a vise.
I would look at replacing the cam chain and piston rings as well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.