SURGING @ 1/4 – 1/3 THROTTLE

4 replies to this topic
  • ASternad

Posted April 04, 2003 - 07:10 PM

Here’s the issue, I roll on the gas slowly about 1/4 to 1/3 the engine kind of surges, but if I stab it no prob. Stock jetting. North CA, Riding. CC Camp, Cow Mountain,
Davis Flats you get the idea.

Thanks for the time.

• MxnDoc

Posted April 04, 2003 - 07:16 PM

Could be fuel squirt adjustment needed. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HighPlainsWR

Posted April 05, 2003 - 07:01 PM

I'm assuming this is a WR450. If so, it's the pilot jet circuit. Looking at the shop manual, the pilot circuit controls about 1/3 of the throttle from idle. In the manual there's a section on richening the circuit with the pilot fuel screw. Try that, it worked for me.

• MorrisWR

Posted April 07, 2003 - 07:40 AM

I'd adjust the pilot as well. If you're running stock and pulled the snorkel, it's probably lean. Does it idle high and then drop to lower revs? You can pull the choke and see if it runs faster. The choke is a good trick to see if it's lean on the low end (or higher if you can ride and pull it out at the same time).

• Oasis_Flame

Posted April 07, 2003 - 06:47 PM

What size main and needle are you running ?
Cleaned the air-filter ? :)
Age of fuel........

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.