2010 WR450 when to expect more info??

12 replies to this topic
  • nickt916

Posted September 01, 2009 - 09:35 AM

is it in september that they announce what the 2010 WR will get? any particular date?

if it gets FI ill get it, if it doesnt, then ill get a 2008 slightly used

• CORider63

Posted September 01, 2009 - 10:38 AM

I'm betting that it will be sometime after September 8:

• Wrfrk

Posted September 01, 2009 - 11:44 AM

is it in september that they announce what the 2010 WR will get? any particular date?

if it gets FI ill get it, if it doesnt, then ill get a 2008 slightly used

I was holding off for an FI WR or KLX, then after reading that it was very unlikely I opted for a near new '07 WR450. This route is a whole lot cheaper as well, so that's kind of a plus. I would really like FI, but I figure I can run this bike for a couple of years then get a new one with FI.

• RichFZR-WR

Posted September 01, 2009 - 12:04 PM

Sometimes its not the best idea to have the latest technology available cause you know how manufactures like us to test things out for them in the real world to see if there any good.
Once you found out its a piece of junk you can't get your money back.
But i must admit am looking forward to FI, cause its been around 30 years in cars its about time for bikes.
Rich.

• rkwfxd1

Posted September 01, 2009 - 12:51 PM

Im guessing 2010 Wr will get BNG only. IF fi shows up it will be on the YZ only.

We will know soon enough.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 01, 2009 - 03:45 PM

I hope it DOES have cup holders front and rear and an i-pod docking station:banana:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted September 01, 2009 - 07:40 PM

I hope it DOES have cup holders front and rear and an i-pod docking station:banana:

Ahhhh, really getting into that dual sporting thing are we :ride:

• RSAthump

Posted September 03, 2009 - 12:51 AM

FI on the 450 is not new, Its been on the quads for a while now.

• kskyles

Posted September 03, 2009 - 08:48 AM

i wouldn't be surprised if yamaha did something similar to honda.

limited or no production of the WR bikes, and new tech only for the YZ.

• Cooksend

Posted September 03, 2009 - 05:28 PM

i wouldn't be surprised if yamaha did something similar to honda.

limited or no production of the WR bikes, and new tech only for the YZ.

I agree! I dont think the WR will be in production for 2010. I could however see a new model or the WR brought back with new technology for 2011. There are still to many new non-current WR's sitting on showrooms!!!

• kskyles

Posted September 04, 2009 - 08:30 AM

I agree! I dont think the WR will be in production for 2010. I could however see a new model or the WR brought back with new technology for 2011. There are still to many new non-current WR's sitting on showrooms!!!

yeah, it's kind of sad....but i think it would make the most sense. i really can't see yamaha breaking their pattern of updating the YZF first, then WR the following year.

and if there isn't a big demand for the WR, it just wouldn't make much sense to produce more if they have them in stock.

of course, this is just speculation from some random guy on the internet :ride: who doesn't know his :lol: from his head :)

• YamaLink

Posted September 05, 2009 - 07:57 AM

As is the norm, the 450 usually gets the big changes before the 250, but Yamaha has a pic of their 2010 WR250F up on their 2010 YZ250F page by "accident."

Bold New Graphics: http://www.yamaha-mo...ll/0/image.aspx

This is an unfortunate presumption: the 450 will get the same bng. Hope I'm wrong.

• nhalbrecht

Posted September 05, 2009 - 08:06 AM

As is the norm, the 450 usually gets the big changes before the 250, but Yamaha has a pic of their 2010 WR250F up on their 2010 YZ250F page by "accident."

Bold New Graphics: http://www.yamaha-mo...ll/0/image.aspx

This is an unfortunate presumption: the 450 will get the same bng. Hope I'm wrong.

i think thats a pic of the wr450..??? the frame is jam packed with engine and carb pieces, and on a wr250 there's a lot more room, or empty space in there, its not so crowded. i might be wrong tho, just thinking out loud....

-nic

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.