2010 yzf450 VIDEO!!

85 replies to this topic
  • motovita

Posted September 06, 2009 - 07:22 AM

I hear ya but in my opinion with bike prices reaching this level and I suspect they will even be higher the next few years, and what I see in rider/racer attendence (30-45% off)/much lower sponsership dollars/ cost of racing higher etc...at every AMA sanctioned race I spectate at these days (since last summer) I think the rising cost of the sport as a whole will indicatively kill MX Racing for the amature racer as we all have known it. Put the economy where it is at and it does not take a rocket scientist or a Economics 101 expert to see where this is all going....and it does not look good for the sport of MX.
Yea it is going to take a lot more money to be competitive and at this price the average Joe will be forced out of MX altogether.
Sorry technology sure is great ain't it?
I don't they so in this case
and this is almost exactly what killed 4stroke MX racing the first time :busted:

Two things to keep in mind.
1- In the amateur classes you don't need the latest, greatest bike. It's very satisfying to beat riders on new bikes with your old iron. Even if it costs you a position or two, so what your just doing it for fun anyway. If you want you can use your old bike as an excuse for not winning, even though thats rarely the case.

2- The majority of MX bikes sold in the U.S. never get raced.

• KAS

Posted September 06, 2009 - 02:43 PM

You guys are too much.

• Aka.Goose

Posted September 06, 2009 - 03:15 PM

Guys that live around Glen Helen might want to be around the track on Tuesday...
I'm just sayin...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted September 06, 2009 - 04:59 PM

So is it gonna be 12AM Japan time?

• Roost ED

Posted September 07, 2009 - 12:06 AM

So is it gonna be 12AM Japan time?

thats what i wanna know too, i dont mind staying up all night if it means to get a first glimpse at the new 450 beast.

• sidekick

Posted September 08, 2009 - 08:47 AM

The cats out of the bag, check Cyclenews.com

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.