2010 yzf450 VIDEO!!

85 replies to this topic
  • KAS

Posted September 03, 2009 - 09:55 PM

I doubt the price will go up too much.

And if dealers try gouging people, that wont last too long either.

Remember what people were dropping on the '09 CRF450 when it first came out?

• KAS

Posted September 03, 2009 - 09:56 PM

I think the jig is up with the "tornado" exhaust comment.

• rufusz

Posted September 03, 2009 - 11:55 PM

all my Euro friends usually pay 2 times what we pay for bikes.

bikes are very pricey over there.

one of my buddies in Norway wanted to part out a USA bike and bring pieces over in his luggage. of course this isn't feasible but you get the point.

Yep, that's very true. Currently I'm looking at 07 YZ450's, at around 3000-3500 euros, and that's a very good price. Average is around 4000 euro.
I envy you guys, when you talk about leftover 07,08,09's...

Currently I'm looking for a way to buy used dirt bikes from the US and ship them in containers, UPS has a service to rent part of containers by cubic-feet, but I'm missing someone (a connection) in the US, who would buy the bikes and deliver them to UPS. If someone is interested of making some money, PM me.

• mxmaddman

Posted September 04, 2009 - 09:56 AM

For 9k...they can keep it. I don't care how much its redesigned. That's a ton of cash for a hobby. Especially when you can get 08-09 left overs for 4500-5 and have just as much fun on them.

• grayracer513

Posted September 04, 2009 - 10:04 AM

I think the jig is up with the "tornado" exhaust comment.

Yes, I do believe that's a cat's foot sticking out of the bag, there. :ride:

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 04, 2009 - 12:44 PM

11k is a reality. In 2 years I think it's the "business" plan to have a bike cost that much.

I think I will find another sport soon if that's the case.

Sure they can offer them at $11K but they should also budget floor space for the entire year and 2 years after that since the bikes are gonna be sitting there collecting dust and spiderwebs :ride:

• sconeracing

Posted September 04, 2009 - 12:55 PM

on the video they said it was going to use a new drive system maybe they will go to a belt type:busted: :ride: :)

• Wiz636

Posted September 04, 2009 - 01:17 PM

on the video they said it was going to use a new drive system maybe they will go to a belt type:busted: :ride: :)

I can see the posts now: "What size pulleys for desert riding?"

• grayracer513

Posted September 04, 2009 - 01:26 PM

I can see the posts now: "What size pulleys for desert riding?"

Or, can you picture trying to tune a continuously variable transmission?

• Sider_steve

Posted September 04, 2009 - 04:11 PM

will it come with the USB cable for the electronically controlled rear shock or will that be a specialty tool?
I can see them asking 10K for it and getting it,with limited production.
The rumour mill has Bubba's father saying it is an amazing machine.
So if it is that much better of a design and works better than the "old style" motocross bikes.Do ya think they may be very dominant and everyone will be scrambling to buy one so they can keep up if they race for a living?
The Italians will be riding YZ 450 F's at MXoN in 2 of the classes on a supercross style track. If they have the "new" 450's and they work as good as they are supposed to and the Italians dominate or the "new" YZ 450 F dominates.
The bikes will sell no problem!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark Grant

Posted September 04, 2009 - 04:27 PM

Totally lame video.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 05, 2009 - 09:29 AM

Yep, that's very true. Currently I'm looking at 07 YZ450's, at around 3000-3500 euros, and that's a very good price. Average is around 4000 euro.
I envy you guys, when you talk about leftover 07,08,09's...

Currently I'm looking for a way to buy used dirt bikes from the US and ship them in containers, UPS has a service to rent part of containers by cubic-feet, but I'm missing someone (a connection) in the US, who would buy the bikes and deliver them to UPS. If someone is interested of making some money, PM me.

I would luv to sell my 03 470 and 06 450 to the Euro Mkt, both are in Mint condition. I honestly can not see anyone in their right mind paying over 9k for any 450 ,I don't care what it has to offer including a BJ button :busted:

• Sider_steve

Posted September 05, 2009 - 11:18 AM

I would luv to sell my 03 470 and 06 450 to the Euro Mkt, both are in Mint condition. I honestly can not see anyone in their right mind paying over 9k for any 450 ,I don't care what it has to offer including a BJ button :busted:

With the crates of brand new YZ back as far back as 06 models and the development costs of the new gen YZ 450 F.
I can see all the rich kids scrambling to own own one,Yamaha seems to be working the angle very well with huge rebates on the older models still on dealer floors.
And limited production of the new generation YZ's means if you want the cool new stuff you better get it quick.
I have noticed a few guys have added the new 2010 YZ 450 F to thier garage already,stating they have paid for it already and are chompin at the bit for a pick up date.

I personally couldnt justify $9,000 for a new toy either but im 46 years old and don't race anymore, but if your a local pro and you rely on that extra weekend money. Sounds like the new YZ might give you the ability to cross the line first and make it to the teller window at your local bank on monday.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 05, 2009 - 01:41 PM

With the crates of brand new YZ back as far back as 06 models and the development costs of the new gen YZ 450 F.
I can see all the rich kids scrambling to own own one,Yamaha seems to be working the angle very well with huge rebates on the older models still on dealer floors.
And limited production of the new generation YZ's means if you want the cool new stuff you better get it quick.
I have noticed a few guys have added the new 2010 YZ 450 F to thier garage already,stating they have paid for it already and are chompin at the bit for a pick up date.

I personally couldnt justify $9,000 for a new toy either but im 46 years old and don't race anymore, but if your a local pro and you rely on that extra weekend money. Sounds like the new YZ might give you the ability to cross the line first and make it to the teller window at your local bank on monday.

I hear ya but in my opinion with bike prices reaching this level and I suspect they will even be higher the next few years, and what I see in rider/racer attendence (30-45% off)/much lower sponsership dollars/ cost of racing higher etc...at every AMA sanctioned race I spectate at these days (since last summer) I think the rising cost of the sport as a whole will indicatively kill MX Racing for the amature racer as we all have known it. Put the economy where it is at and it does not take a rocket scientist or a Economics 101 expert to see where this is all going....and it does not look good for the sport of MX.
Yea it is going to take a lot more money to be competitive and at this price the average Joe will be forced out of MX altogether.
Sorry technology sure is great ain't it?
I don't they so in this case
and this is almost exactly what killed 4stroke MX racing the first time :busted:

• fitzy

Posted September 05, 2009 - 03:11 PM

$11,500 - $1200AUS for a new 450 MX bike in OZ. You do the math, you guys have had it good for 2 long and you will only be catching up on what the rest of us have to pay, and we do:banghead:

$11500 Aus is about $9600 USD:bonk:

• Aka.Goose

Posted September 05, 2009 - 03:19 PM

I can't believe so many of you are so freaked at the 9k price, and don't think people will pay it...I personally can't afford it, if I could afford it fairly easily, sure, I'd buy one...It would end up being a memorable bike...

I laugh at people who scoff at the price of the yz, but keep their mouths shut amongst the sea of $200,000 motorhomes with flatscreens, towing their $120,000 sand rails, with a $50,000 enclosed trailer, full of dirt toys, and a $15,000 Rhino, on a big weekend in Glamis...

There's a lot more money being tossed at OHV vehicles than people are giving credit...

I myself thought no way in hell was someone going to pay $15,000 for an oversized 2 seat quad, but they're selling the hell out of those 4wd golf carts now...

And Ga426, come on now, you're kidding right? Do you really think Yamaha is actually hurting the sport of MX racing simply by introducing a slightly more expensive new 450 to the market?

Do any of you really think that it'll be so crazy advanced that guys who would've normally not placed well are going to be winning races just because of this bike?

• MOTOPHILE

Posted September 05, 2009 - 03:33 PM

So are all (except the 250f) of the 2010 Yamaha's going to be unveiled on the 8th or just the 450? Getting closer....

• Ga426owner

Posted September 05, 2009 - 04:36 PM

And Ga426, come on now, you're kidding right? Do you really think Yamaha is actually hurting the sport of MX racing simply by introducing a slightly more expensive new 450 to the market?

Do any of you really think that it'll be so crazy advanced that guys who would've normally not placed well are going to be winning races just because of this bike?

Goose unfortunately, I think the current direction that all the manufacturers are taking in offering the public, MX Bikes hovering at 9k this year 10k in 2 years, 12k in the following 2 years will end up ultimately hurting the sport of MX. Look at what a 450 cost in 2003-2006....in 7yrs almost a 100% increase in cost...hmmmm.
History will probably repeat itself and the world of 4strokes will go away as they did in the 1970s, because the cost became too high, even in those days. Now the total overall cost to buy a 4stroke and keep it 100% maintained for race ready conditions already is very high compared to 2 strokes. Look I understand that the cost to make these bikes has risen, I understand that the technology cost also increases the bottomline. But reality is this eventually sales will drop because the public majority will not go out and spend the money on these luxury items over time. Even when the economy gets debamafied. Yes, the Richie Rich kids will talk daddy into it, but the avg Joe that wants to finance his or her 2010/2011 9-10k bike will get so bent over that it will make no since to buy like this. Look at all the excess inventory that is available today. Worse than this is the resale for a 1yr to 3 yr old MX bike. Are you willing to spend 10k for a bike that will only be worth 6k in 1 yr? A 40% hit in one yr, a 60% hit in 2 yrs, a 80% in 3 yrs on the avg.?
The market for used MX bikes is so large that it is a buyers market plain and simple. I think some that have to have the 2010 will jump on it and I think the volumn that is available will be very limited - because the manufacturers want to see if we riders will bite the bullet and spend this kind of money. If we all do then yep they will keep rising the price but, if they do not sell....then expect something else
I hope I am wrong. And I do not see me ever buying a MX bike for this much money, unless it is a restored museum piece that is increasing in value. And NO I do not believe that the latest greatest 9-12k MX bike will make a rider much faster than they are now. I know of several Novice / expert riders that ride 2-5yr old bikes that smoke novice and expert riders on the latest greatest bikes. Believe me my old bones and @$$ will not be any better on a 2010...yea It will look cool and the thrill of the first few rides will be great. Afterwards...it is just another dirt bike

I am however excited to see what the final release is like and look forward to throwing a leg over one....but I will save the 9k. :busted:

I am liking the market and the idea of selling used bikes to Europe/Australia.........I am sorry you all are used to paying those kind of prices....

• Sider_steve

Posted September 05, 2009 - 04:49 PM

I think a new gen 450 would look cool sittin in the garage next to my 2001 250 F then the only thing missing would be a 98 YZ 400 F.
Too bad the housing market took a dive due to the economy and I havent worked in months.
So that rules that option out,,,hum dine and dash at my local Yamaha dealership????

Anybody got a ski mask I can borrow????

• birdland101

Posted September 05, 2009 - 10:59 PM

I think I would rather buy a rhino for $10,000. Even the rich can not afford to buy a bike. Spark plugs will probably be around $65 each.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.