2010 yzf450 VIDEO!!

85 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted September 01, 2009 - 11:35 AM

So, basically all the hype that it was going to be Fi is not true?? Its basically the same bike as the 09???

Nothing new in the video.

• krony506

Posted September 01, 2009 - 11:39 AM

Just wait and see the NEW PRICE TAG!

• poliisi2

Posted September 01, 2009 - 11:55 AM

Yamaha europe got new prizes for 450 i could not belive it 10200e who can affort that amount on mx bike. Honda 2010 450 cost 7990e. Turn around engine what ever not worth that prize tag!

• trav

Posted September 01, 2009 - 12:07 PM

I think stewart should forget about this whole racing thing and become a full time actor

• Sycamore

Posted September 01, 2009 - 02:26 PM

Yeah, it was the first time I ever enjoyed listening to BS. To put up such a video broadens the hype IMO. They must have something good or they would not done such a video.

I'm thinking they have something good..I'm thinking Honda knows it and the reason they're selling em SO cheap now:lol:

• clutchless

Posted September 01, 2009 - 02:39 PM

that was rad!

• Ice67

Posted September 01, 2009 - 03:33 PM

I think Colin Edwards comments on the "Tornado exhaust" confirm the CAD drawings.

• FinchFan194

Posted September 01, 2009 - 05:39 PM

I just saw this on another site and came to make sure it was hear too. I should have known it would be hear with close to three pages!

• RCannon

Posted September 01, 2009 - 08:05 PM

I enjoyed the video. Its the first new bike I have been excited to see in years. Once the 8th is here, the excitement over....

• YamaLink

Posted September 01, 2009 - 09:44 PM

Reminds me of the excitement over the 2002 CRF450R. The local Western Power Sports guy had the first one in our area, and when he rode by the entire parking lot stopped and stared. The sound, the sound. So hypnotic. Then the valves went out. Kidding.

Anyway, the 2010 YZ450F - at least Yamaha's marketing folk - have done a fantastic job of creating the same kind of 02 CRF buzz.

I enjoyed the video. Its the first new bike I have been excited to see in years. Once the 8th is here, the excitement over....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motojase316

Posted September 02, 2009 - 03:24 AM

All NEW!!! I am sold....

• CaptainKnobby

Posted September 02, 2009 - 04:19 AM

Just wait and see the NEW PRICE TAG!

Exactly! When we see the price on this baby we may have to take out a 10 year loan to pay for all the actors that were involved in the making of the video.

• MARK450R

Posted September 02, 2009 - 04:53 AM

GUESS WHAT? I know a guy that rode the new 450 and he told me all about the new bike.I cant say what the changes are but it will blow your mind,and not just the plastics, I'm talking motor changes.And he thinks they wont be released untill NOV. Sorry but this is very reliable info!!!

• yz450fcranker

Posted September 02, 2009 - 05:19 AM

i bet the yz450 will have the same motor exept it will have the fuel injection like the yfz450r quad and th enew 2010 yz350f plastics and new frame thtas all i dont think they will have the reverse cylinder airbox infront of seat bs

• yz450fcranker

Posted September 02, 2009 - 05:20 AM

the new yz250f** plastic *=correction

• Aka.Goose

Posted September 02, 2009 - 06:59 AM

GUESS WHAT? I know a guy that rode the new 450 and he told me all about the new bike.I cant say what the changes are but it will blow your mind,and not just the plastics, I'm talking motor changes.And he thinks they wont be released untill NOV. Sorry but this is very reliable info!!!

Sorry, but I call bs on that...
There's only about 10 guys in the world that have ridden the floor model bike, and only 6 guys have ridden the factory works version of it...
There will be a limited number of them on showroom floors in a few days (on the 8th)...

• Aka.Goose

Posted September 02, 2009 - 07:03 AM

i bet the yz450 will have the same motor exept it will have the fuel injection like the yfz450r quad and th enew 2010 yz350f plastics and new frame thtas all i dont think they will have the reverse cylinder airbox infront of seat bs

Ummmm, no, it's a rear inclined motor, tornado exhaust...
AND separate clutch/engine fluid! Yaya, finally...

• grayracer513

Posted September 02, 2009 - 07:13 AM

separate clutch/engine fluid! Yaya, finally...

That is speculation based on the configuration of the ORIGINAL concept on which Yamaha's design is SAID to have been based.

We'll see.

• Aka.Goose

Posted September 02, 2009 - 07:41 AM

Well, it's speculation based on a conversation I had with a factory Honda mechanic (who loves to give me crap about how much $ I spend on oil)...He told me the fluids are separate in ALL existing rear inclined motors...And that it's not like Yamaha invented the rear inclined motor, they've just tweaked existing technology to work for their dirtbike...
So yes you're right, it's just speculation, but I'd be real surprised if they came out not only with all the other changes, but with a brand new type of engine design as well...
And I'm sure they know that separating the oils will increase the life of the motor for all those people who don't change the oil at recommended intervals (probably at least half of the people who own one)...They're trying to ride the problem free rep they've got right now...
If they threw a sight glass in there I'd be really stoked!

Hahahaha, Gray, now we can start all new oil threads!
"Which case oil / which engine oil to use?"
lol

• grunkthump

Posted September 02, 2009 - 07:57 AM

what GOOSE said!! (they WILL be seperate)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.