90 km commute. Too far for WR 450?

23 replies to this topic
  • Racegun

Posted September 07, 2009 - 03:55 AM

done long trips on mine, its a pain in the butt, literally and the extra maintenance ,
i only do it as transport between dirt sections say maximum100 k in length , its too light, it revs too much, your just wearing it out for nothing. , get a 650 or bigger and enjoy your commute
.For that length every day id use my gs 1200.

• bchunter

Posted September 07, 2009 - 12:38 PM

Thanks Racegun. This kinda seems like the general consensus. It can do it, but is not really made for it. I have been thinking of the light aspect of the bike as well since there are alot of rigs on the road. I think the smart choice given my distance of travel is to either get a 650 of some flavour or get a closer job. I think the odds are on the 650.

I went riding with the fellow last night, and man can he make that machine dance. It is impressive to watch it go. As for me, me and my 79 TS 250 got introduced to a mud puddle. I am off to clean my clothes and helmet :busted:

Thanks again for all the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted September 07, 2009 - 07:06 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Go ahead and buy it for commuting 50 miles each way every day
Then you can write how much it sucks as a streetbike like everyone else does
If you dont understand after all that has been written by this point you wont until you buy one and find out for yourself[/COLOR]

• bchunter

Posted September 08, 2009 - 10:09 AM

point taken

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.