WR street legal in NC

8 replies to this topic
  • pgdirtman

Posted September 01, 2009 - 05:05 AM

Can someone explain how they tagged their WR in NC. All I have is the certificate of origin. I think I saw where I have to take it to another friendly state and then re-register in NC. Thanks

• Regalman

Posted September 01, 2009 - 05:38 AM

I'd go check out the regional forums... probably be more help there.

• William1

Posted September 01, 2009 - 10:38 AM

In VA, I simply went to a rural DMV and asked for a plate. Put a dual sport kit on it, got insurance and had it inspected down at Bubbas garage. For you it is probably the same. You can ask Yanni (posts a lot in the DS forum) as he is a NCer.

• Regalman

Posted September 01, 2009 - 10:39 AM

No NC is really tough, I've read some horror threads... that one guy seems to be the only one with the knowledge to do it.

In MI you just have a cop (any old cop) inspect the bike... I have just a plate holder on mine. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted September 01, 2009 - 12:11 PM

Guys have had to jump though hoops in VA too. I think a lot has to do with how the problem is approached. In the back woods areas, everybody is easier going. Not uncommon to see a 12 year old kid drive a huge farm tractor down town (past the one light i the county) to go to Micky D's. That same kid in Richmond would be doing time.

• Mtn-Goat

Posted September 01, 2009 - 06:27 PM

My WR came form TN. I took the title to the DMV and walked out with a tag, no problems.

• pgdirtman

Posted September 02, 2009 - 11:25 AM

Did you take your Certificate of Origin to the DMV? It's in bold letters "off highway us only". Thanks

• Regalman

Posted September 02, 2009 - 12:17 PM

Do some searching, apparently there is a guy in NC that knows the loopsholes of the state. I have heard from freinds that live in NC thats it is 'nearly impossible' but someone around here knows how to.

I was reffering to it being very easy to do in Michigan, they are very lax here on two wheeler registrations.

• Mtn-Goat

Posted September 02, 2009 - 09:09 PM

My neighbor was the original owner; he got the initial NC title. He said it was simple. Sorry I can't give you any more information.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.