levers

12 replies to this topic
  • yz450fcranker

Posted August 31, 2009 - 05:29 PM

ive been looking into buying folding levers cant get my mind straight right now im looking into sunline v1 mdx levers are they any good and will they just fit on the stock perches?

• FinchFan194

Posted August 31, 2009 - 06:19 PM

I run ASV C5's the unbreakable ones. The lever itself is half moon shaped which makes them super comfy. I will never go back to stock and most aftermarket clutch lever assemblies run a CR style perch. So I would say if it says it is made foryour bike and available as only a lever you should be good to go. Most of the time you have to buy the whole kit in my experience.

• anthony250

Posted August 31, 2009 - 07:49 PM

i also run asv c/5 levers , like the best Asv has , with 5 yr warranty , you can buy some Zeta unbreakable levers heard they were good ,less price , that should fit stock perches , but the sunline ones are good too
check ebay !!
http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

• jgwakeup

Posted August 31, 2009 - 08:55 PM

I Have a brand new front brake lever bronze color if you pm ur email I'll send you pix.. It's the sunline v1 mdx unbreakable and warrentied...

• matt 153

Posted September 01, 2009 - 12:21 AM

there was a set of folding levers on my bike when i got it. but ive taken them off because when they get to full extension they seem to just snap the clutch perch instead of the lever. this has happened multiple times so i got sick of replacing perches.

• geshields

Posted September 01, 2009 - 08:50 AM

I went with the ARC Axis clutch perch and the ARC brake lever and I can tell you that they have survived 2 major crashes without incident...some small scratches on the ends of the lever and that is all. They definitely work as advertised!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 01, 2009 - 11:16 AM

I bought ASV C5's from ASV refurbs online. Blades only for my son's bike, and the Pro Perch w/hot start for mine. (he had an '01 250F at the time). That was in '05. Both sets are on their second bike now, and neither of us has broken a lever or perch or M/Cylinder since.

• SHIFTFREESTYLE55

Posted September 07, 2009 - 11:20 PM

I run Sunline on mine and love them.....I had ASV on my old bike and liked those as well.....

• Fasterusa792

Posted September 07, 2009 - 11:35 PM

dont run asv, dont run sunline, dont run any of that crap... run ZETA check them out you can order them from FASTERUSA.com call them ask about them make sure you have your credit card in hand. trust me i swear by them. best Fing levers out there

• Etown

Posted September 07, 2009 - 11:52 PM

i have broken at least 3 "unbreakable" asv levers/perches :busted: . if i can remember it was always the clutch perch that broke. i have had great success with the brake lever though, as it has never broken. i do crash a lot though :thumbsup:

• lexxu

Posted September 08, 2009 - 03:43 AM

I have Zeta levers on my YZ250F. Everything is fine after several, typical "lever braking" crashes. The brake lever is very comfortable and improves the control of the brake. But it seems that the clutch lever makes the clutch a little bit more sluggish. Anyone also have this problem with the clutch or some alternatives for an easy going clutch?

• rufusz

Posted September 09, 2009 - 01:32 AM

dont run asv, dont run sunline, dont run any of that crap... run ZETA check them out you can order them from FASTERUSA.com call them ask about them make sure you have your credit card in hand. trust me i swear by them. best Fing levers out there

Some nested advert I sense there :busted:

• Fasterusa792

Posted September 09, 2009 - 07:47 AM

u instaled the lever wrong thats why its sluggish. take it to your local dealer it may be your cable, engine problem (clutch) . levers have nothing to do with how it pulls. and rufusz haha its not my company :busted: collin is the owner of fasterusa and that guy knows his shit. i mean theres noone els out there that can do what this guy does. he knows his shit he has all the connections to mechanics. welders, stores, i mean if he cant fix it or sell it he will point you in the right direction. and ull never regret it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.