new xr650r - what is best price?

9 replies to this topic
  • radar_ridr

Posted April 04, 2003 - 10:48 AM

might be plunking down cash for a 650r tomorrow - if my dealer will sell at a really good price... what is the best price I can expect? he does not charge any setup or delivery, just straight price plus tax.

• sunnymex

Posted April 04, 2003 - 11:36 AM

I paid 4599 about two years ago. Good choice on the bike. :)

• Grimmer

Posted April 04, 2003 - 04:22 PM

I bought my 2003 back in October 2002. I don't remember the exact figure. I went through several dealers till I got the bike out the door for just a touch over $6,000.... I paid cash also.

• JackAttack

Posted April 04, 2003 - 04:34 PM

I don't know what part of the USA you live, but $5500 OTD is a good price in AZ :).

• stonewall

Posted April 05, 2003 - 04:03 AM

I haven't checked for a while but you could get one last summer for $4398 OTD in Petersburg, WVA.

$6000 Wow :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigtom17

Posted April 05, 2003 - 07:16 AM

I paid $3999 OTD in Jan of '02 for a '01, the bikes are the same 00-03 so if you can get a year old one (new of course)you should be able to get them between $4000-$4500. Tell them to leave it in the crate and assemble it yourself if you have to, save that money and give it to Barnum for a new suspension.

• Grimmer

Posted April 05, 2003 - 08:44 AM

Those prices are amazing. I guess this is what I get for living in the high rent district. I contacted all the local dealers (about 8) and 6G OTD was the best anyone could do. I was happy :)

• Rokatt88

Posted April 05, 2003 - 10:55 AM

Got my 2002 about this time last year for 5.3 large OTD from a dealer in Poway. Whatever deal you can finagel on this scoot, it is the best Bang For The Buck going! :)

• radar_ridr

Posted April 16, 2003 - 03:55 PM

thanks for the info, everybody. going back tomorrow, we'll see what happens... he did not have one in stock last time. I know if I see one I'm gonna want it!!!

• Baja Rudy

Posted April 18, 2003 - 10:52 AM

if you have cash (real green) then you should be able to get it out the door for no more than $5,600. Really, don't pay anymore. take the box if they will sell it like this to save their assembly fee... Nice trick is to make the deal in 10-15 minutes total. tell them this and then walk out with the green in your hand. simple, money talks bull walks... tell the salesman/woman that if he gets you that price you will tip him $20-40 bucks cash for him...

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.