right side crankcase drain bolt

4 replies to this topic
  • yz450fcranker

Posted August 30, 2009 - 04:37 PM

ok i did it i over did the right side crankcase drain bolt by one notch i felt it go easy "loosen up" luckily i undid it at the same time checked the threads and cant say that anything went wrong so i threaded just to about where it should be and its fine should i just go on and ride

• USED YZ426F

Posted August 30, 2009 - 05:15 PM

You might be able to get away with just riding it.

But, if you started to pull the threads out of the case, it is only a matter of time before it leaks. I would take the 10 minutes and fix it right.

A time-sert will work perfectly in that location and give you a permanent repair.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz450fcranker

Posted August 30, 2009 - 05:33 PM

ive looked into timesert but dont know what to buy can you give me a link to the actual kit i need and explain on installation

• grayracer513

Posted August 30, 2009 - 06:31 PM

I would take the 10 minutes and fix it right.

If it's an '06 or later, nobody's going to fix it in 10 minutes.

• USED YZ426F

Posted August 30, 2009 - 06:56 PM

ive looked into timesert but dont know what to buy can you give me a link to the actual kit i need and explain on installation

http://www.timesert.com/

There are some videos showing how to install.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.