wr450 vs. heavy rider

25 replies to this topic
  • locomacdaddy

Posted October 26, 2010 - 05:28 PM

Got a buddy that is 6'3 and about 280...he's a runt! :excuseme:

You'll probably want to get a taller saddle and raise those bars!

Plenty O' Power

• Bushdog

Posted October 27, 2010 - 02:01 PM

I hope you just mean in the dirt or in the woods...cause I would clean your clock on the street on my DR....straight or twisties...

ha! i think you underestimate the power of the WR. the DR would not beat the wr on any road, and surface, and race. i dont see any guy's riding DR650's in supermotard?, Deserts, i dont see any guys riding DR650's. My WR does 190km/h - they are fast!

• homer2000

Posted October 27, 2010 - 02:37 PM

Hey bushdog
what set up you running on your wr to get 190km/h,
cause the best I can get out of mine is 145km/h,
but mines still stock, haven't got the coin to do anything yet, but tell the world

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bushdog

Posted October 27, 2010 - 10:48 PM

yeah mine did 145 with 13/50. but wipe 6 off the back and add 2 on the front and it will push u fast.

• homer2000

Posted October 28, 2010 - 04:12 AM

Ok bushdog
with that in mind do you ride trails or tight bush riding , does it still have it's chugg along speed in the low range gears when needed or do you need to have it going more than stock, cause I'd love that speed , I mean 145 isn't too bad but on the straights where you want to really open it up higher speed would kick ass I reckon

• Bushdog

Posted October 28, 2010 - 06:14 PM

no that was for desert. i change it up for trails

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.