engine removal help!

6 replies to this topic
  • bakeyz426f

Posted August 28, 2009 - 03:40 PM

if im not mistaken the engine is attached to the swing arm. i think ive removed everthing else except were it attaches to the swing arm. i removed a nut on one side were a bolt of some kind goes through the swing arm. how do i get the bolt out? the over side of the bolt doesnt look like you can wrench on it. or is this not necessary to remove the engine? this is on a 02 yz426f

• KJ790

Posted August 28, 2009 - 03:56 PM

It's basically an axle like what goes through your wheel. Take a long punch and a hammer and hit it out. You may have a problem if the swingarm bearings have never been greased, as that pivot bolt will seize in there.

• bakeyz426f

Posted August 28, 2009 - 04:22 PM

that did it thanks man

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bakeyz426f

Posted August 28, 2009 - 05:20 PM

i have everything removed except a wire going down to the flywheel. i cant get the two screws out of the flywheel area that seem to be holding the wire. im affraid ill strip them. is there a disconect for the wire some where else or does any one know a good way to get screws out that are in real tight?

• KJ790

Posted August 28, 2009 - 05:30 PM

There should be a plug on the wire you can disconnect.

• grayracer513

Posted August 28, 2009 - 06:43 PM

is there a disconect for the wire some where else ?

Up by where the leads meet the main harness behind the steering head. There's a rubber cover over the connector.

• bakeyz426f

Posted August 29, 2009 - 07:02 AM

i think im going to just remove the fly wheel and that whole assemby the wires are attached to. im buying a new crank, do i need part number 8? the gear drive
http://www.yamahaspo...nd/default.aspx

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.