suspension suggestions

3 replies to this topic
  • jackalope

Posted April 03, 2003 - 06:29 PM

I need a little advice on suspension. I am 6'2" 250 lbs. I have noticed I bottom pretty hard on bigger g-outs and jumps. I have messed around with the shock and fork but even at it's stiffest settings I bottom. Should I spend the dough and get stiffer springs? Front and back? Any idea what it should cost. I have been quoted anywhere from $600-$1500. I race desert (D-37) and do some track riding (Not much). Obviously losing some lbs. would help, but I love food!!!LOL!Thanks in advance.

03 wr450 :)

• Merfman

Posted April 03, 2003 - 06:45 PM

$600 - $1500 FOR SPRINGS? :)

What weight oil are you running in the forks? At what height?

You can try more oil. Heavier weight oil. More of a heavier weight oil.. etc.

You can also find an assortment of springs here on TT...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted April 04, 2003 - 04:11 AM

Hi Jackalope,

I suggest you post your question on Thumpertalks suspension forum. You will more likely get the answers you need there. I am shocked at your price quote though. I just sent mine in to have set up for 230#. Only need stiffer back spring and was quoted 89.00 for it. The valving I am having done is where the real $ is going. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 245 per end and 89.00 for back spring.

• utvols

Posted April 04, 2003 - 04:17 AM

I have a set of .48kg fork springs if you are interested p.m. me offline. I am 6'2" 210lbs and these were to stiff for me. Should work really well for your size.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.