'06 YZ450F fuel range

6 replies to this topic
  • truckjunky87

Posted August 28, 2009 - 08:31 AM

I'm going to attempt my first desert race in a couple weeks.:ride: I think the Novice class just does a single 45 mile loop. How far will a '06 450 make it in desert race conditions?

• clutchless

Posted August 28, 2009 - 09:01 AM

i got my 3.2 IMS just for 50 mile loop races.

45 is right on the cusp of the stocker tank.

fill that baby to the TOP right before the race.

Hopefully you make it all the way around.

• grayracer513

Posted August 28, 2009 - 09:03 AM

Figure about 20-25 mpg, or 36-45 miles. Stash some, or have a friend take some out to the second check point or somewhere, or as a last resort, carry some (not recommended).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • truckjunky87

Posted August 28, 2009 - 09:13 AM

They will have a gas truck that you can throw a gas can on. It will be 20-30 miles out on the trail so I'll plan on using it. Last thing I want to do on my first race is to DNF because of gas.

• Jim813

Posted August 28, 2009 - 09:45 AM

I have trail ridden 52 miles on about 1.5 gallons of gas, although I was lugging the bike and not getting into the upper RPM's that often. Laundry detergent bottles work well for carrying gas, and they even have a built in spout. Using the gas truck sounds simpler. Good luck:thumbsup:

• Jeepentj

Posted August 28, 2009 - 02:53 PM

I think you'll be fine as long as it's a fairly high speed as opposed to slow, tight stuff. In Arizona I've completed a 55 mile loop and had about a quart of gas left but like they say... your mileage may vary. I'd try to go the distance but if you're unsure, pack a pint or quart of gas in a water bottle on your person just in case.

Just my opinion.

David

• twosixtwo

Posted August 29, 2009 - 07:27 AM

I had an 04 yz450f that I did right around 55 of hard pre-runnng miles.....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.