06 Swingarm alignment

6 replies to this topic
  • ca412686

Posted August 27, 2009 - 08:12 AM

So, had a mishap on my YZ supermoto....Long story short, sprocket bolts sheared off and destroyed hub and put a hole in the swing arm (small hole and marks). Anyways, got the swingarm fixed and now im trying to put it back on. I've had it off alot over the last few years repacking bearings and having the motor out. BUT, for some reason, I cant remember where the spacers go? Its not in the shop manual, not on the Yamaha parts list picture either. Its the main axle that goes through the frame, then the back of the motor then back into the frame. It seems as though 1 spacer will fit close to the frame on the left (looking at the bike from the rear), then the other on the right side of the motor??? Anyone know if this is right? I went to the local bike shop and they had a 09 250f but it didnt even look like it had the spacers. Thanks guys

• grayracer513

Posted August 27, 2009 - 08:25 AM

There is a collar that goes on the outboard end of each swing arm pivot eye to seal the outer bearing, but beyond that, I don't know of any spacers off the top of my head.

• ca412686

Posted August 27, 2009 - 09:05 AM

Ya, thats what i thought, but there doesnt seem to be enough space. It seems theres space for the outside on one, and the inside of the other. Unless my swingarm is bend??? But i cant imagine it is, the racing I do is mostly road course with no jumps... :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ca412686

Posted August 27, 2009 - 02:38 PM

anyone have an 06 they can take a pc of??

• grayracer513

Posted August 27, 2009 - 04:12 PM

I'll look at mine when I get home.

• ca412686

Posted August 27, 2009 - 07:40 PM

Thanks...It sorta looks like its suppose to go like you say, but I must have my swing arm tweaked or something??

• ca412686

Posted September 01, 2009 - 06:09 PM

you were right, I just had to push the collars into the outside of the swingarm and it all fellinto place. Thanks!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.