Mobil 1?

5 replies to this topic
  • diablo682

Posted September 29, 2002 - 03:24 PM

I recently aquired a WR400 and I am changing the oil. The manual calls for 10W-30 but I have seen many people using Mobil-1 15W-50. The manual calls for that oil in Canada only. Is this the best oil or not? I went ahead and used it this time. I hope it doesnt hurt the engine at all. Any input would be great.

• Bob_Collier

Posted September 29, 2002 - 03:48 PM

Mobil 1 works. We used it when racing mile at Springfield,Ill. on yz400. No problemns.

• diablo682

Posted September 29, 2002 - 04:03 PM

Excellent, thanks. Do I need to change it more often with this weight or is it good for a few rides?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted September 29, 2002 - 07:50 PM

Only when it gets real cold will you want to consider a lower viscosity than 15w... Look in the manual, it has a little chart that shoes temperature and recommended viscosity of oil.

Mobil 1 is great stuff... and if your bike never gets real cold, then it should be fine all year around...

Cheers,

David

• Tom_Rowlee

Posted October 04, 2002 - 03:47 PM

Mobil-1 15w50 every 10 to 15 hours is plenty just remimber to keep the filter clean to . At least for the kind of riding i do in ILL it works.

• diablo682

Posted October 04, 2002 - 03:52 PM

Thanks. I have been keeping an eye on the mile counter more than hours ridden. The guy I bought the bike from said ever 100 to 150 miles but he was using 20W-50. I have been cleaning the filter every ride. I am happy with the owners manual that came with the bike! It is very detailed compared to the one that came with the TTR225.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.