What should i do?

4 replies to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted April 03, 2003 - 01:35 PM

If all there doing is lapping the rotor and than loctiting it than i can do that much. the question is should i though?i'd drop it off to the dealer but i don't have a truck readily available. the shop is over 30 miles away.

• KiwiThumper

Posted April 03, 2003 - 01:51 PM

I guess the issue is if you do it and then it fails again and damages the crank, the dealer, and probably rightly so, wont be liable :) .... and you may have an expensive bill on your hands. :D :D :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 03, 2003 - 03:18 PM

I would just red loctite it myself and forget about lapping.
You will need pullers to get your flywheel off yourself. Red loctite has amazing holding power on tight clearances.

• tootall

Posted April 03, 2003 - 04:55 PM

My Sons WR450 was running fine but I took it in for the recall on the woodruff key. Dealer called back and said the key was partially sheared and would have to order another one. I'm keeping my XR so I can pull his bike back to the truck in the future. I think it would be wise to have the update done to establish a paper trail in case of further problems!

• foursmoke

Posted April 03, 2003 - 06:19 PM

I think it would be wise to have the update done to establish a paper trail in case of further problems!

Thats exactly what I did. No failure but thought it was in my best interest to make sure there was a paper trail. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.