easy question for those in the know

3 replies to this topic
  • 4blue

Posted August 26, 2009 - 06:41 PM

Just replaced the rear tire on my wr 450 for the first time and am having a time trying to get the rear wheel back on. I can't get the rotor to slip back in between the brake pads. I pry them apart but then the disc hits the brake mount. I'm sure there must be a trick to this... so please someone help a brother out.:ride:

• Butta

Posted August 26, 2009 - 07:24 PM

Just replaced the rear tire on my wr 450 for the first time and am having a time trying to get the rear wheel back on. I can't get the rotor to slip back in between the brake pads. I pry them apart but then the disc hits the brake mount. I'm sure there must be a trick to this... so please someone help a brother out.:ride:

The brake assembly will slide fore and aft along the swingarm (through a tongue and groove type "connection"), so I would first check to make sure it hasn't slid too far forward, and also that it hasn't slid out of that groove. When you are putting the rotor in between the pads, you can also grab the brake assembly and pull it backward onto the rotor.

My guess is your brake assembly is a little "cockeyed" in the groove....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted August 26, 2009 - 08:28 PM

The brake assembly will slide fore and aft along the swingarm (through a tongue and groove type "connection"), so I would first check to make sure it hasn't slid too far forward, and also that it hasn't slid out of that groove. When you are putting the rotor in between the pads, you can also grab the brake assembly and pull it backward onto the rotor.

My guess is your brake assembly is a little "cockeyed" in the groove....

Yeah, happens most of the time I am fighting with my rear wheel:bonk:

• 2in2out

Posted August 28, 2009 - 06:40 AM

I had a similar problem. I got frustrated and actually opened up my Clymer Manual:jawdrop: . I had gotten the spacers/cones in the wrong order. :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.