What piece is missing from WR cylinder head?

11 replies to this topic
  • bezerk1

Posted August 26, 2009 - 01:19 PM

This is a friends bike. What piece is missing? It was lost during a hare scramble. I believe the rider said there was some oil dripping out. My guess is that is an auto decompression release. I tried to look the part #'s up on bike bandit. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Update. I don't have a photobucket account so I could not attach a picture. It's located on the right side of the head directly above the exhaust pipe. It's a WR 450.

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 26, 2009 - 02:06 PM

Sounds like the rubber plug that blocks the hole for the decomp used on the 426. Notorious for blowing out particulary if the breather tube is blocked for any reason (i.e - pinched, debris, etc). Do yourself a favor and get a billet one. Held in by bolt instead of a press fit. There are a couple of variations but here's one I found with a quick search:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

• bezerk1

Posted August 26, 2009 - 04:55 PM

That plug is exactly what it is. Thank you very much for your help.

• Yamaha_James

Posted August 26, 2009 - 05:41 PM

Wow, sorry to highjack, but this is a perfect reason as to why I LOVE this forum you need to know something, don't have all the info needed, some one is able to help :ride: to PBDBLUE and everyone who has helped me!

• drtbk4ever

Posted August 27, 2009 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, remember to give the helpful guys like PBDBlue some gas. ie. add to their reputation by clicking on the gas tank in the upper right hand corner of their post.

I just gave some to pbdblue.

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 28, 2009 - 06:52 AM

Thanks. Always happy to help if I can.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted August 28, 2009 - 08:04 AM

Yeah, remember to give the helpful guys like PBDBlue some gas. ie. add to their reputation by clicking on the gas tank in the upper right hand corner of their post.

I just gave some to pbdblue.

This forums pretty bad that way. You'll give a guy a bunch of help and you're lucky to get a thank you let alone some good gas :ride:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 28, 2009 - 09:12 AM

This forums pretty bad that way.

While I agree, Im not here for "gas" ... Im here to learn and share information :ride:

Heck when I tested all the stators and posted up resutls, I got like two replies to the thread :lol:

It just goes to show that use WR guys are to busy ridding instead of wrenching :)

• tribalbc

Posted August 28, 2009 - 09:24 AM

While I agree, Im not here for "gas" ... Im here to learn and share information :ride:

Heck when I tested all the stators and posted up resutls, I got like two replies to the thread :p

It just goes to show that use WR guys are to busy ridding instead of wrenching :)

I agree and there are members that are a valuable part of information exchange :)
I guess it's just when you get sucked into a 5 or 6 question thread and you don't even know if it ever worked for the guy :lol:

You can certainly tell there's not to many faults with the WR as the majority of threads are " How do I uncork, jet my WR "
It pretty much ends with that :lol:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 28, 2009 - 09:32 AM

It pretty much ends with that :lol:

:ride: :) yeah tell me about it

• drtbk4ever

Posted August 28, 2009 - 09:38 AM

You guys got a point there.

Well I have lots of gas to give so I just keep on giving and giving.

It reminds me of a story.

A SHORT LOVE STORY

A man and a woman who had never met before, but who were both married to other people,
found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a trans-continental train.

Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired and fell asleep quickly, he in the upper berth and she in the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently woke the woman saying ... 'Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet to get me a second blanket? I'm awfully cold.'

'I have a better idea,' she replied 'Just for tonight ... let's pretend that we're married.'

'Wow! ... That's a great idea!', he exclaimed.

'Good,' she replied. ... 'Get your own f***** blanket.'

After a moment of silence, ......................he farted.

• jayh300

Posted August 28, 2009 - 10:04 AM

bill..... now thats funny, dont care who you are.....
jay

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.