YFZ engine YZ carb WR silencer what carb jets do i need?

4 replies to this topic
  • vauxpartz

Posted August 26, 2009 - 09:35 AM

this is the current set up i have 2005 YFZ engine+cdi ,2003 YZ carburettor and early stock WR silencer. what carb setting do you think I need?
so far im asuming wr carb settings would be ok?

WR:[COLOR="Blue"]{Main: 165, Pilot: 45, Starter: 65, Leak: 50, Pilot Air Jet: 80, Main Air Jet: 200(Non-adjustable)}[/COLOR]

• erickdj

Posted August 26, 2009 - 12:14 PM

First thing, are all the components (engine, carb, exhaust) from 450 bikes? If so, I'd try whatever jet went into a 2003 wr450f stock, just as a starting point to see how it runs, or if it runs. From there you would have to make adjustments for your specific riding location. Impossible to just come up with the precise jetting specs needed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vauxpartz

Posted August 26, 2009 - 12:26 PM

yes i forgot to say they engine and carb are 450cc but the silencer is wr 400 i was told , but yes like you say i think starting with a WR 03 jetting is wise.

Posted August 26, 2009 - 08:20 PM

Dr. Frankenstein should be able to help you....

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 26, 2009 - 08:46 PM

Looks pretty close to me.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.