Old news, but it affects quite a few

1 reply to this topic
  • 2in2out

Posted August 25, 2009 - 07:16 AM

Following along with Kalifornia, Nevada DMV is doing the following::)

Text of the CL post:

Dirtbikes with Plates, Dualsport-ers Beware the DMV!!!! - $9999999 (Reno, NV)

Date: 2009-08-25, 6:50AM PDT
Reply to: see below

Attention Everybody!
Nevada DMV is pulling plates from dirtbikes!
If you buy a dirtbike that has been converted to street legal, there IS A GOOD CHANCE THEY'LL NOT REGISTER IT AGAIN, OR EVEN TRY TO PULL THE PLATE AFTER THEY GIVE IT TO YOU!!!!
I BOUGHT A WR450 WITH A PLATE they registered it, 2 weeks later i got a letter and now i have a whole dog and pony show to try and keep it!
I am not kidding, i have been to the DMV TITLE DEPT twice already, this is a nightmare scenario for us dualsport-ers
The DMV has a model list for each manufacturer to pull plates from and the DMV technician you get when you go, may or may not do their stuff right example:
Honda-XR, CRF, CR
Yamaha-YZ, YZF, WR
Kawasaki-KX, KXF,
Suzuki-RM, RMZ
GOOD LUCK!! :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rkwfxd1

Posted August 25, 2009 - 12:31 PM

This is sad to hear but not really a suprise. It was always been my theory that just because you were able to GET a plate for your bike there was no garentee that you would be able to KEEP that plate.

Maybe the manufactures will finally put some effort into some REAL DS bikes.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.