Fork Removal

5 replies to this topic
  • ranger85

Posted August 24, 2009 - 03:40 PM

I'm about to change my oil seals tomorrow and I was reading the manual on removing the forks for the service, and it says to remove the handlebar and headlight. To me though, it looks like I should not have to remove either, looks like I can just remove the front wheel, loosen the pinch bolts on the triple clamp and slide the fork tubes out from the bottom, am I correct?

• maincrash

Posted August 24, 2009 - 03:53 PM

thats all i do

• SFDemo

Posted August 24, 2009 - 03:57 PM

Yes, it is a more simple than the manual states. Let me know if you have any questions, I just did my WR400 forks a couple of weeks ago.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ww44wrf450f

Posted August 25, 2009 - 02:28 AM

• PowerBomb

Posted August 25, 2009 - 03:16 PM

It might be hard to loosen the caps unless the tubes are still pinched in the triple clamp.

• ranger85

Posted August 25, 2009 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I got the job complete with minimal cussing. I was surprised how simple that was. The videos are great. The suspension actually feels better now. I don't know if its just the fresh oil or if its because I bled them for the very first time(Not knowing you needed to before every ride). When I removed the bleed screws, they almost shot across the shop there was so much pressure. I got the push button bleeders on there now, should work great.

Thanks again! :ride:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.