WR450 Hot start lever.

2 replies to this topic
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted April 03, 2003 - 02:17 AM

Does anyone know what this lever actuates? Is it a passage in the carb, or in the intake or exhaust, or what. I made another jet change and forgot to hook it back up, and my bike sputtered and backfired on deceleration big time. That got me wondering just what it does. It's back in and all is well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • new2blu

Posted April 05, 2003 - 07:19 PM

the hot start lever controls a passage in the carb. I believe it bypases the carb and creates a lean mixture to help start the bike when the engine is hot. If it was left out it ran very lean causing he poping and backfiring

• chewie

Posted April 06, 2003 - 04:08 AM

Wow good info :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.